Mobile Approach, how much do you carry?

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Op - I would say you are carrying too much imo. As Anglers (and I’m guilty of this myself) I think we have a tendency to try and cover for ’every’ scenario. I used to take so much gear to the bank, but I’ve recently started to rove more and it encouraged me to cut back.

I take 1x Rod, 1x reel, landing net & handle, plus one carryall which contains - 1x small box of essential tackle, bait, snacks and a flask.

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
You can carry an axe, a club (priest), a knife or even a gun if you have good reason to be carrying and it is safely packed away or rules/regulations followed.
Please! Don't remind me! Years ago I was heading to a county championship NSRA match with 3 other guys in a car loaded with 4 rifles (in sleeves) and about 2000 rounds of match and practice ammunition when the sub axle snapped. We had to transfer the rifles and ammo in the open to another vehicle. Goodness knows what would have happened into today's world given the reaction of witnesses to an air rifle on police interceptors!

Robwooly

An unhooking mat or a fold up stool clipped to the rucky and the world is your chair.

The other things you need to take is optimism and enthusiasm, in return you memories, green fields and big skies. Love it (y)

IMG_0821.JPG

Browner

Site Supporter
My usual kit for a 2 or 3 hr sessions. The quiver carries a made up 9ft red range mini carp feeder which is my go to for small feeders and bonds for chub and roach. Inside is an second feeder rod and 2 float rods, a landing net handle and rod rest. A modified Fox lite chair, bait bucket and shoulder bag containing a couple of reels, tackle box, float tube and other bits and pieces. Landing net clipped to the shoulder bag.

5E5F055E-292F-4C58-9029-2F53D7FDADDA.jpeg