M'not happy...🥴

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Got bloody Shingles... 'kin back and side feel like its on fire... waiting for a call back from the doc... no blisters yet though... but I can't lean back onto anything... bloody painful

62tucker

Site Supporter
I got it shortly after having a elbow operation. If I remember right when I went to doctors she said I was 1 day to late for treatment so had to let it run its course with just cream.
Bloody agony. And left scars.
Seemingly you can get it when your feeling a bit low or not 100%.

Arry

Site Supporter
Waiting for the doc at the mo

stikflote

Site Supporter
its Bloody painful i got in my face last time .,it doesnt go away .

it seems it can flare up at any time

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Oh dear. Mum has had it and said it is extremely painful. Sorry to hear that pal. Take it easy. đź‘Ť

Arry

Site Supporter
Been prescribed co-codamol and Aciclovir tabs... let hope they sort it in jig time

Browner

Site Supporter
Been prescribed co-codamol and Aciclovir tabs... let hope they sort it in jig time
Careful with the Co-codamol, they have tendency to make you a bit “egg bound” if I remember correctly. May need some syrup of figs to counter. Hope it gets better. Good luck.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hope you get it sorted ASAP Harry, my old man had a couple of bouts of it across his back and he reckoned it was bloody painful.

Arry

Site Supporter
Hope you get it sorted ASAP Harry, my old man had a couple of bouts of it across his back and he reckoned it was bloody painful.
I can't lean back in a chair... feels like really bad nettle rash at the mo... no blisters as yet

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
As above, watch the cocodamol As they do have a profound effect upon the exit plumbing. Straight from someone who’s been taking them for about 10 years!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As above, watch the cocodamol As they do have a profound effect upon the exit plumbing. Straight from someone who’s been taking them for about 10 years!

They work on me brilliantly but then give me heart burn. So, when I do have to take one I have to take a heart burn tablet at the same time. And they bung you up. 🙄

Get well Arry. đź‘Ť

BTMS

Site Supporter
Get well soon Arry. I also have been on co-codimal for over 7 years they prescribe me a liquid thats like drinking honey and sugar euugh:sick:

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Ask the doc about the shingles vaccine Arry, l know its too late for this bout but may prevent any further flare ups.
For other MDers, you can get it on the NHS if you are 70 and over.

Arry

Site Supporter
Ask the doc about the shingles vaccine Arry, l know its too late for this bout but may prevent any further flare ups.
For other MDers, you can get it on the NHS if you are 70 and over.
I'm only 63 but I'll enquire about it... cheers...đź‘Ť

ATTICUS FINCH

I've had shingles four bloody times , I'm 63 and they won't give me the jab until in 70, if I get that far.
I feel your pain Arry