Mixing different feed pellets together

Maverick

For a long time now when I have been doing this for my pva bag (T-Bag) fishing.

I have a bucket of mixed 6mm pellets and a bucket of mixed micros and 4mm pellets. Each bucket contains course, halibut and either krill or robin reds.

However when fishing the bomb or pellet wagg I have always had my pellets in seperate tubs often feeding the course and sometimes choosing a halibut or robin red etc just as a different choice of hookbait.

Yesterday I noticed a couple of guys had mixed tubs on their trays so they were actually feeding a choice of pellets as well as giving them different options for hookbaits.

God only knows why this hadn't occured to me before as I have been doing for so long with my PVA bag fishing. Think i've just had one of those eureka moments.

Do you mix your different feed pellets in the same tub for bomb & pellet wagg fishing?

squimp

Site Supporter
It presumably depends on how you are applying the pellets.

If they are going thru a feeder then no problem. If you are catapulting them out then big problem. Different pellets catapult different distances.

I mix pellets etc for PVA bags but keep them separate for catapult work.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
All my pellets & boilies are mixed sizes & flavours. Larger ones will hopefully sink close to my rig and only be eaten by larger fish. The smaller ones may spread out further / downriver and attract fish to my rig. The smaller ones will hopefully lodge under pebbles and weed making fish search for them. It also provides feed for smaller silvers who’s feeding activity will hopefully pique the interest of larger fish.

I also think that different sizes & flavours makes it more challenging for fish to identify the bait with the hook in it. As different size, weight & shape baits behave differently in the current or disturbance of a feeding fish.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter

I have a bucket of mixed 6mm pellets and a bucket of mixed micros and 4mm pellets. Each bucket contains course, halibut and either krill or robin reds.

However when fishing the bomb or pellet wagg I have always had my pellets in seperate tubs often feeding the course and sometimes choosing a halibut or robin red etc just as a different choice of hookbait.

Yesterday I noticed a couple of guys had mixed tubs on their trays so they were actually feeding a choice of pellets as well as giving them different options for hookbaits.

God only knows why this hadn't occured to me before as I have been doing for so long with my PVA bag fishing. Think i've just had one of those eureka moments.

Do you mix your different feed pellets in the same tub for bomb & pellet wagg fishing?
Never in the same tub. But I wuill feed a mixture of sizes at times depending on what I am looking to achieve.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

Depends on the venue, but yes I use a mix of pellets in PVA bags or T-bags. I also chop up any spare/unused boilies for a bit of added texture/flavour. I have some Sonubaits spicey sausage flavoured pellets (8mm) that I but through a boilie grinder giving just 2 twists breaks them down great for another added flavour. Works good on rivers too.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most venues I fish don’t allow feeding halibut pellets - coarse pellet only.