Mixer Taps

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Or lack of...

I've been doing viewings for a letting agent at a house in Wolverhampton. In the kitchen, toilet and bathroom they don't have mixer taps, just the usual old hot and cold taps separate. Got lots of Europeans viewing the house and 3 different groups of people have asked me the same thing, how do you wash your hands when it's not a mixer tap and the hot water comes out here and the cold from over there?

I take it that hot and cold taps separate is a British thing and mixer taps are continental so they're not used to them?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Mixer taps are more common on modern houses and that applies here and abroad.
In a lot of rural places in Germany/Italy the only choice is still just the single cold tap.
We leased a fairly newish villa in Sorrento a few years ago and that was single taps

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think they were Polish who came to view the house, one of them asked, do you fill up the basin then wash your hands? Another said they wanted mixer taps fitted if they were going to rent the house. And another just made passing comment.

Just done another viewing there, was meant to be a 2 hour slot, but no one turned up so I left early.