Mitchell 300

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I really miss my old Mitchell Match and 300. I know they have their critics, but back in the day, they were the best. And the build quality and engineering was really good.

Dean56

Site Supporter
Yes, they were THE reel for decades, still think the handle flip to pack it away has yet to be bettered for snag free storage. Looks were absolutely iconic, you could tell one from 20 yds away. One of the few items of tackle I regret selling, probably wouldn’t use use it to fish, but I’d like just to look at it and strip it down occasionally, with a glass of red wine and a smoke after a s**t day at work !

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Yes, they were THE reel for decades, still think the handle flip to pack it away has yet to be bettered for snag free storage. Looks were absolutely iconic, you could tell one from 20 yds away. One of the few items of tackle I regret selling, probably wouldn’t use use it to fish, but I’d like just to look at it and strip it down occasionally, with a glass of red wine and a smoke after a s**t day at work !
The Match would still be a good reel to use today. One day when I can afford it, I'll get another, and fish 1970s style every now and then.