MISTERTON HALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brian

Some years ago we used to fish at Misterton Hall but it became weeded up and unfishable. does anyone know what it is like now? Has the weed gone or will it return by September when I would like to have a match there for my disabled crew. What are the catches like now. It is 5 years since we were there and would love to go back.

Men and Fish are both in trouble when they open their mouths!!!

Paul Holt

Hi Brian,

I'm actually sat at work only 1/2 a mile from Misterton right now. It's an absolutely GORGEOUS old estate lake which - as far as I know - has no major weed problems these days. I managed to convince the lady who lives there to let me pleasure fish the lake last Autumn whilst there was a charity match on. Unfortunately it rained cold hard rain all night before fishing so the sport wasnt to hot but the place is fantastic. Despite the conditions I had a nice tench of about 3lb on the feeder (didnt get snagged so I guess no weed) and a good bag of small Crucians, roach and rudd on the pole.

As I say the Lady who runs it takes some convincing if you want to pleasure fish it but she does welcome match bookings with the pegging fee going to local charities.

Are you part of a club? Knowing the lake was there (lived here since I was a nipper) and prior to fishing the lake the only information I could find on the net was on the Rugby disabled angling site (not sure of their full name). I can't remember the URL but have a search, they definately had some match results for Misterton on there.

If you can't find anything let me know and i'll pop down and get their telephone numebr off of the notice board. If you get a match booked give me a shout and I'll come down and say hello.

Paul

MALC

Hi Brian,

As Phil has said Misterton Hall is a cracking place.

If you type Misterton into the search facility in the top right hand corner you'll come up with a few match reports i put up last year when Rugby Disabled fished there.

Also there is a bit of info on the RADDAA website which can be found HERE

This year RADDAA have at least 4 matches there.

If you want any other info just post here as there are about 5 members of RADDAA on here who fish it regular and i'm sure they'll answer any questions you have.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Big Brian

Hi Paul,
We used to fish there before but one yesr it was totally weeded and no one had a bite out of 24 anglers. there is no problem of us getting permission as it is for a fishing holiday for the disabled that I run in Nottingham, Mrs Craven knows us well, we used to stay and have a meal in the hall at the side of the main house and she whould provide the wine. As we canceled our last visit because of the weed she brought the wine to us in Nottingham, we used to get very good catches of crucians.
I think I will have to give her a ring and go and have a pleasure session down there.
Thanks for the information.

Big Brian

Malc
As I am a member of Lincoln Disabled club we have possibly met at some of the NFA matches perhaps I could come and join in one of your matches there

MALC

Brian,

Expect you know Tommy Taylor (RADDAA chairman) (posts under the name WhyNot) as he seams to know everybody.[;)]

Should not be a problem regards you joining on a day there if you contact Brian (post's as Digger Barns) he's the match sec and hell sort it with you.

You can find his details on the RADDAA site (as he's been a bit quite on here latterly).

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.