Missus has Covid. 😩😩

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
its a real pain, my other half tested positive and we isolated her in the attic room, food was put outside and she got it,. Put a kettle in there so she could have tea. Both junior and myself stayed and tested negative. She was knocked out for a couple of days but is now back to normal. The only issue we had was when she came down after 10 days, we had run out of plates!!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Give her a cuddle from me Mick,,,,, hang on forget that we don't want you catching it as well :)

You know where we are if you need us :)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sad news for your good lady Mick. Hopefully only mild and she soon returns to vigorous good health.
Here's hoping that it doesn't have too much impact on Christmas for you both, but with you in charge now Mick what could possibly go wrong?
It's times like these that she'll realise just how lucky she is that she married you. ;)

Seriously though, wishing you both all the best for Christmas and take care of her, you'll not find a better one. 🥰

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sad news for your good lady Mick. Hopefully only mild and she soon returns to vigorous good health.
Here's hoping that it doesn't have too much impact on Christmas for you both, but with you in charge now Mick what could possibly go wrong?
It's times like these that she'll realise just how lucky she is that she married you. ;)

Seriously though, wishing you both all the best for Christmas and take care of her, you'll not find a better one. 🥰

We were looking forward to having Christmas Day with my mum and dad but, that’s gone now. Also dropping a bit of something off for a certain someone in Athersley but, that will also have to wait until the new year now. This Covid is a right bummer. I’ll know when she’s better though Peter as she will no doubt start shouting at me again. 😳🤣. See you soon pal. 👍

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Sending virtual hugs to you both from us two. Hope it passes quickly and you can get on with enjoying Christmas together mate. (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Yesterday morning the missus said she wasn’t feeling great. By lunchtime she’d gone back to bed. She got up mid afternoon and we both did a lateral flow test. Hers was positive mine was negative. 🙄. So, we made an appointment for a PCR test at 4pm. Straight in straight out. Very efficient. We’ve just had a text to say that she has tested positive for Covid. She’s moved upstairs and is sleeping in a spare bedroom. Paracetamol and ibruprofen are easing the symptoms but, she’s not well, not well at all. Strangely the test centre said that I don’t have to isolate as I’m negative and not showing any symptoms. I think I best though. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before I get it. Fingers crossed for her.

Try and stay safe you lot. Don’t be taking any needless risks.

Mick.
Hope its a mild form and she recovers quickly , my thoughts are with you . Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery and you stay negative Mick , 🥰🥰🥰🥰

BarryS

Gone fishing
Best wishes to all those with Covid.........hope it's mild and you recover swiftly.. Looks like we are all going to get exposed to it over the next few weeks/months. My practice ( for the last 18 months) is to take a minimum amount of vitamin D3 .at least 4000iu a day.....and twice that won't do any harm. 50 mg of zinc may also help. Lots of peer reviewed research on this.........look at you tube.
Some research says this can be very beneficial.........and makes you wonder why the Government is not giving this advice. Especially as D3 And Zinc cost peanuts.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Hope she’s ok soon
Hopefully you’ll avoid it. Keep away from her and clean everything she touches

tincatim

Site Supporter
That’s terrible to hear mate, I hope she recovers quickly and doesn’t have any nasty after effects.

You might find that you don’t get it at all, it works in mysterious ways. My wife had it this time last year, we slept in the same bed and still spent our time together. I’d decided that if she gets it then I’ll get it and was okay with that. Yet it still never happened (thankfully).

It’s a bit rubbish that it’s happened at Christmas but your two’s health is more important.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The tight sod wouldn't buy new catapult elastic to serve Mrs Tipit' her Xmas dinner so he's been out the back practising his casting and golf swing to deliver said food....:oops:......Early indications show the squirrels have been eating well!:giggle::ROFLMAO:
He is trying to think how to make an Xmas day dinner pizza so he can slide it under the door.