Missus has Covid. 😩😩

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yesterday morning the missus said she wasn’t feeling great. By lunchtime she’d gone back to bed. She got up mid afternoon and we both did a lateral flow test. Hers was positive mine was negative. 🙄. So, we made an appointment for a PCR test at 4pm. Straight in straight out. Very efficient. We’ve just had a text to say that she has tested positive for Covid. She’s moved upstairs and is sleeping in a spare bedroom. Paracetamol and ibruprofen are easing the symptoms but, she’s not well, not well at all. Strangely the test centre said that I don’t have to isolate as I’m negative and not showing any symptoms. I think I best though. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before I get it. Fingers crossed for her.

Try and stay safe you lot. Don’t be taking any needless risks.

Mick.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Get well soon Mrs Mick, hope it passes off quickly...👍

smiffy

Site Supporter
Same here. Heartbreaking. I took her for her PCR last Friday and it came back positive. We’re now trying our best to live in separate parts of the house. I’m waiting on my LFT result as I write. Her last day of isolation is 23rd. If that was the day her symptoms started. I was negative yesterday.
Fortunately she has no symptoms but if I do get it that’s Christmas up the swanee.
I can only say the same as you Mick. Keep washing your hands, think smart and stay safe everyone👍
Get we’ll soon Mrs tipit

62tucker

Site Supporter
Hope she just feeling roping for a day or 2 and starts to feel better shortly in time for Xmas.

richard83

Hope she feels better soon. It’s not inevitable that you’ll get it. My other half got it and I didn’t and neither did the kids (2&4 years old). We spent very little time together and I moved in to the spare room but we had to share child care duties. I was triple jabbed at the time though and work in A&E so get exposed to covid daily so perhaps my anti bodies kept it at bay?

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Plenty of fluids Mick if she gets a high temp. Mask up glove up if you have to go into her room and bin them asap. Best wishes to you both.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Hope your wife feels better soon Mick. My teenage son tested positive last Wednesday. He stays in his room all the time except visits to the shared bathroom that gets cleaned after his every visit. The wife and I have tested everyday but as you correctly say we don’t have to isolate. His last day of isolation is Xmas eve. Fingers crossed we don’t pick it up as we have people coming for Xmas dinner!

62tucker

Site Supporter
Daughter back in work for 4 nights tonight.
Had message from her boss.
Other sister has tested positive so is off
And 6 nurses off as been in contact with a positive case.
She say her trust rules say they have to stop off work but other trusts say a daily LFT is enough.

They have to stop off work but can carry on as normal out of work. Strange rules

But good news. No new covid patients over the weekend 👍

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Drink plenty of fluids I should pass over the worst in a few days. Any idea when your wife picked it up?.

No idea pal. We are assuming from work as she is a midwife and not all ladies that come to see her will wear a mask. But, I ain’t pointing a finger. Who knows 🤷‍♂️ She’s been very careful and for her to catch it has taken me by surprise. God knows where the damn thing comes from. Stay safe pal and thank you. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Daughter back in work for 4 nights tonight.
Had message from her boss.
Other sister has tested positive so is off
And 6 nurses off as been in contact with a positive case.
She say her trust rules say they have to stop off work but other trusts say a daily LFT is enough.

They have to stop off work but can carry on as normal out of work. Strange rules

I was sure the guy at the PCR test centre had got it wrong when he said that I don’t have to isolate so I asked him again to confirm. I know he’s probably right but, I think it’s only right I stay away from people as well just in case. Seems the right thing to do. 🤷‍♂️

smiffy

Site Supporter
I was sure the guy at the PCR test centre had got it wrong when he said that I don’t have to isolate so I asked him again to confirm. I know he’s probably right but, I think it’s only right I stay away from people as well just in case. Seems the right thing to do. 🤷‍♂️
That’s correct Mick. I‘m fully vaccinated and I have to do an LFT every day for Seven days and report the result to the NHS. As long as I’m negative I’m free to come and go.

violator

My missus tested positive last Thursday, second time she's had it. Wasn't too bad and she was back on her weights and exercises at 6am this morning. I've taken a daily test and each one has been negative, double jabbed and boosted, she was due her booster next week.

Total

Site Supporter
What can I say that ain't been said mate?....:(

All the love in the world from my mob to you and Mrs Tipit'....Be safe and get well soon....xxxxx

P.S. Don't be a stranger....:).....Bell me if you need an ear to bend...(y)