Mission accomplished (with a little help from my friends!)

Total

Site Supporter
Nicky Dodds saying....."Mick, office NOWWW!">>>>>>;):giggle:
He makes it look so easy Mark. Seriously though, how Nicky catches anything with the amount of pike he draws into his swim ( and mine ) I'll never know. He'd have made a good mate for Neville Fickling. 😆😆
[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioning that....My old mate Frank (RIP) when we fished together on the cut, I'd suffer with a pike problem when hemp fishing....Salt of the earth he was, he'd get up and cast a lure around to try and alleviate the problem! :giggle: ......On one occasion he did this and foul hooked a roach....Couldn't fish the rest of the day for bloody laughing!:giggle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice bag mate cracking Chubb bet they were fun in the white water. (y)
Cheers mate. When you catch them downstream when legering they don't half fight and I fish quite heavy for them to steer away from all the snags in there, 4lb Maxima hooklengths I've settled on when legering but was using 0.12 Stroft hooklength today and they're a bit more handleable in the slack.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Proper chub on the float is just about the ultimate coarse fishing for me. I think my PB on the stick from the severn is probably my favourite ever fish capture especially as I’m not very good at catching them at that size lol

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My PB Chub came from this place at 5lb on the nose though I have had quite a few pushing that, quite nice for a small river I think, but probably my joint favourite ever catch came from there in the shape of a 6lb Bream, first Bream I had from there so was a surprise too before I learned there's more in there, and now the Roach have turned up you really don't know what's going to be on the end when the float buries, I even had some nice sized Dace today too!

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo that's why I love the float mate, i targeted the roach today and won, but on other days it could be bream or dace rud you just never know.