Missing bites and when to strike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Today I had the most frustrating days fishing ever, I fished right close in the margins and fed micro pellets every minute or so, I kept getting the float dipping and swaying but it wouldn't go all the way down most the time, whn it did go I lifted the pole to find no fish, this happened the whole 3 hours! I tried out some new sonubaits soft hook pellets so don't know if it's different when striking with pellets? I just couldn't hook any fish, so frustrating when I knew the fish were there, any help please?

Bill G

Grandad
when you start getting liners change your feeding pattern .
instead of every minute, dump a big handfull in and fish over it ,.this will put the fish back on the deck and should stop liners.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Feeding too much IMHO. Feed then wait for a proper bite/fish. Then feed again for the next fish. Leave off and feed every 2-3 fish if they come really quickly.

Switch bait to corn or meat. Fished Sunday and had to wait ages for a bite on corn or pellet but got quicker reaction on meat. Changes from day to day.

Hatchye

If decent sized fish move over micro pellet they can make it raise in the water causing you all sorts of problems. If it happens again try a small amount of larger pellets as feed and see if the problem changes......

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Line bites are a good sign - it suggests there are feeding fish around. The challenge is turning them into real bites - best to try some changes to bait, presentation, location to see what works on the day.

It's incredibly frustrating whe you cant get it to work, but very satisfying when you turn it around - and I've lost count of the times I could have kicked myself for not sussing it out earlier!

fish finder

callum
yes sounds to me like liners i think you had too many fish in your swim, if it happens again try feeding heavier but not as often this should keep the fish on the bottom around your hookbait.
when you said about those little touches i think the fish were up in the water intercepting the bait as it fell.

Rolo

Thanks for all the advice lads, it definitely worked! I fed larger ammounts of Micro pellets but less often and it definitely sorted out the line bite problem! I landed 4 good common carp today, 2 in which were around the 10lb mark! Cheers again!

pole addict

Originally posted by Rolo

Thanks for all the advice lads, it definitely worked! I fed larger ammounts of Micro pellets but less often and it definitely sorted out the line bite problem! I landed 4 good common carp today, 2 in which were around the 10lb mark! Cheers again!

[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.