Minus 3 Stickfloat fishing for river perch

HALTON DANGLER

Waking up to a frost is one thing but the temperature dropping from -1 to -3 on the journey to the venue you know you are in for a uncertain day. Cold can send fish into a feeding mood but when the temeperature drops like that i have always found it to be quite a difficult day. Some sessions on the vlog we catch nice nets of fish and its a bite a chuck and those days are enjoyable but its the days like in this one where you work for every bite that i love.

i hope you enjoy this weeks vlog and tight lines for the weekend

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Nice one Danny. I agree. The days where you have to work at it are often more enjoyable. Some nice fish there pal. Well done. You've some big stripeys up your neck of the woods I know that. Well done fella. And as always ..... Thank you for the video ?

tee.bee

Site Supporter
Nice one Danny love those frosty days on the river.Remember fishing farndon on the Dee -7 bait dropper froze
solid to my bait tray still caught chub and dace (y)

HALTON DANGLER

cheers guys was a cold one for sure, there was one day on farndon i remember they said a thing called freezing rain, and something never seen before as the rain his the floor it froze solid like ice surreal think if i remember we did well that day. tight lines lads if bankside

tee.bee

Site Supporter
remember the Dee freezing solid one day a few years back couldn't even break the ice :ROFLMAO:

johnfranks

I remember fishing a match on the K&A canal and it was minus 6. Cupped a bit of liquid bread in and watched it fall and sit on the canal bed in 4ft of water, it was so clear. Never saw a fish over it. I think it was called off after 2 hours as our maggots froze lol.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Nice one Danny, no one can doubt your resolve(y)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Corrr... me bits shrivelled just watching that... lovely Perch tho Danny, well done for winkling some fish out on such a chilly day??

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Thanks Danny! That's my fishing session for this week, without freezing my fingers.

When I can't tie a hook on because of the cold, it's tackle tinkering for me.
Yes, I'm a wimp these days.
To think that I used to go cod fishing in the snow ...