Mini boilies for speci silvers ?

squimp

Site Supporter
Where can you get hold of geranium oil @squimp? Any ideas?

there are hundreds of different types.

I used to get mine from a reflexologist. It was much higher quality than the stuff the bait companies sell. Nutrabaits used to sell a decent range of oils - but I’m not sure that they still do ?

if You really want some; come back to me.

if you haven’t used essential oils before, be very careful with the levels. you measure in drops. One drop Too many can make a difference......

rudd

Site Supporter
On the relatively new to me club pond, Ive been chatting to a few of the carp types, you know those bank tramps that sit there ages awaiting the one bite

and a couple of em have told me that they have had some big roach and rudd up to near the magic mark on traps baited with boilies (they didnt state what type of boilie though)

which has me a thinking, tomorrow im gonna chuck a feeder or two out on the rods,

two different types of set up, one with a standard cage feeder loaded with a suitable groundbait or bread mash and with a bit of flake on the hook, and another with a heli styled cage feeder rig with groundbait and bait this up with a mini boilie on a hair rigged quickstop

Im just sitting here drilling the 6 and 8mm boilies at the moment, got quite a selection of flavours in both sizes ranging from plain white shellfish, red strawberry, dark red spiced, some yellow unknown flavour and some orange unknown flavour and black hemp, I will drill some strandard 6mm and 8mm skrettings too

now, Ive never used mini boilies for speci roach fishing, and am wondering about what flavour and colour would be best, anyone care to inform me a tad more ?
Pineapple or tutti frutti in 6/8 or 10 mm do well

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Pineapple or tutti frutti in 6/8 or 10 mm do well

Im pretty sure the yellow or orange ones that I have are pineapple

the problem with em is, that I purchased a bulk order of em as misshapes that were produced I think for a well known brand, and they came in zip lock bags with no description on the coloured ones, only the white shellfish had a label

rudd

Site Supporter

the problem with em is, that I purchased a bulk order of em as misshapes that were produced I think for a well known brand, and they came in zip lock bags with no description on the coloured ones, only the white shellfish had a label
TBH on a method the smell is masked by groudbait/pellet, its mkre a visual thing.

squimp

Site Supporter

buy a bottle of any flavour that you think will work and glug the baits in that. Just use the unidentified bait as a flavour carrier.