Milo tardis Seatbox catches

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinky_docker

Does anyone know where to get spare seatbox catches for the tardis,very flimsy plastic things, already cracked one....

Cheers Stinks

chavey

I have broken them in the past and have phoned up the importer Simon Wilsmore, and he has sent them next day F.O.C. His number is on the Milo adverts in the mags. The best way of changing them over, providing its the hinge part that has gone rather than the catch is to push the metal pin out of the hinge with a similar sized metal object, I use a thin crosshead screwdriver. Place the new hinge in its place and tap the metal pin back in. I job that will take all of a minute.

stinky_docker

Excellent news,however I'm after the whole lot,would you p.m. me his number,can't find it or spares anywhere,been looking everywhere for them,hence my plea on MD...

drynet

formerly drynet
Originally posted by stinky_docker

Does anyone know where to get spare seatbox catches for the tardis,very flimsy plastic things, already cracked one....

Cheers Stinks
[/quote

ive got one mate pm me your address and I'll send it you for free, hurry up though I'm going on holiday at 11.am.

stinky_docker

Originally posted by drynet

Originally posted by stinky_docker

Cheers Stinks
[/quote

ive got one mate pm me your address and I'll send it you for free, hurry up though I'm going on holiday at 11.am.

You have Mail,hope i was quick enough...?
lol

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Ebay always on there as Milo catches are pants

They are only flimsy if you fold them into the box and sit on them[;)] They're not designed for that[:p]

chavey

I dont mind that they break, its like the leak link that is easy to replace.Last winter I was fishing a match on the river, there was a heavy frost, I lifted my box from my car and over a barbed wire fence so that I could attach it to my trolley. I had forgot to clip the front clips up and the top of the box flipped over and as the plastic was really cold/ brittle they both snapped off. I could still use my box for the day, but when I got home it was a simple matter of pushing the retaining pins out and attaching a couple more. A job that took about 2 minutes. About 10 years ago I did the same thing with my box at the time, a 6 drawer Boss, this time though, as the hinges were metal, both of them pulled out of the wooden box,and as they did ripped a bigger hole. It was a problem repairing as I had to re-inforce the area were the hinge was with extra plywood and wood filler. It did the job but never loked the same. So having 'weak' plastic hinges is not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.