Migrants

BarryS

Gone fishing
still able to return to the last safe country they left as you cant claim asylum for leaving France. Last time i looked France isnt at war , in riots yes but not at war so how can they leave a safe country called france and claim asylym . The law states they claim asylym in the FIRST country they arrive in not the last . Its time to start getting tough with them . They are vermin, no one wants them so we need to start treating them as vermin
Vermin is a bit tough I think.......... at best they are just people trying to improve their lives at worst they could be inflitrators.. However we cant be responsible for every Tom Dick or Mo who wants a better life from all parts of the world. So we should send them back . I cant beleive that a undercover team could not identify the main traffickers and deal with them

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I genuinely don't mind those seeking asylum for genuine reasons, but come on, an army of predominantly young males, mainly from Syria, Iraq, no doubt Afghanistan, having travelled through Europe, and all want to come and settle here ??

peterb

Site Supporter
They showed some of them on the news tonight complaining that they hadn't been given enough to eat ! Some of them had travelled all the way from Vietnam

nutmeg

Site Supporter
We need them all gone, no use to man nor beast. No wonder such a shortage of accommodation, welfare is at breaking point, nobody can legally employ them, just a drain on resources, they arrive here with nothing so thats what we should give them, or possibly a free dingy to get back to France,
We have too many too gooders these days,

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I lived for 20 years on the Romney marsh, and know many of the lifeboat crew,
all of them fishermen who try to make ends meet. They risk their lives to save people and are proud of their record. They all now want to give up, , they are being used by governments as pawns. how can you leave people to drown.
The french need to step up and stop this, I have seen the state of those rescued, 80% are single men and should be sent back, the small children make your heart stop, This is never going to be easy, but we have to do the unthinkable,
I have seen first hand syria and afganistan and can understand why, but this is not just our problem,

willothewisp

willothewisp
The "Dublin" agreement stipulated that migrants could legitimately be returned to the first "safe country" they entered. That first country could be formally asked to accept them: whether or not they did in practice is debatable.
Now however that BOJO has "taken back control of our orders" (sic), since UK is no longer part of EU, the Dublin agreement no longer applies to the UK. The UK no longer has access to the fingerprint ID EU record scheme. Now what?
Well done BoJo & Co.!

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I have a plan,
When we pick up the migrants we take them to a clearance facility in folkestone. Once we have there details,fingerprints and photograph we place them in a long waiting room with comfortable seats.

Every hour this waiting room goes back through the tunnel and releases them into the countryside. This may need the assistance of the parchute regiment who are quite skilled at rapid deployment.

This will of course money, but this could be offset by the sale of secondhand rubber boats, which otherwise will go to waste

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Thought that was obvious Willo.
Our former EU partners failed to enforce the "first country" policy as they were quite happy to ship them on knowing they were heading for the UK
Regardless of where from you have to get through a fair few EU countries before you arrive on these shores.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Thought that was obvious Willo.
Our former EU partners failed to enforce the "first country" policy as they were quite happy to ship them on knowing they were heading for the UK
Regardless of where from you have to get through a fair few EU countries before you arrive on these shores.
You really don't understand how it works Lee.

This, from the UN lays it out in detail....

And this, again from the UN, for a specific positioning regarding the UK after Brexit....

This is the full 1951 Convention and Protocol Relating to the Status Of Refugees, (which the UK were a major party in it's drafting), and to which we are a signatory....

Or would you rather believe the lies and propaganda of the MSM?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I can prove you wrong but it would be lengthy NNK and you either go awol or cherry pick the bits that suit your agenda.
It would be a waste of both our times..

As Grey (and Dave before him) is experiencing on the Tory thread with you at the moment.
👍

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
I can prove you wrong but it would be lengthy NNK and you either go awol or cherry pick the bits that suit your agenda.
It would be a waste of both our times..

As Grey is experiencing on the Tory thread with you at the moment.
👍
So you know more than the UN and you're suggesting the documents they produced and which we signed up to, (with the help of the UK), are wrong?

centerpin fan

“A record 1.7 million migrants from around the world, many of them fleeing pandemic-ravaged countries, were encountered trying to enter the United States illegally in the last 12 months, capping a year of chaos at the southern border, which has emerged as one of the most formidable challenges for the Biden administration.”

willothewisp

willothewisp
Thank you NNK for your comprehensive comment.
Regrettably, sometimes being comprehensive can be complicated and intellectually demanding, so that simplistic solutions, however fatuous, are clung to as knee jerk responses when cherished perceptions are threatened.