Midlands Wooden Spoon Match - Jansons - 22/09/2018

Added to Calendar: 22/09/18

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@notneeded I'll always give it my best shot mate, can't operate any differently. Either way will be an enjoyable day so it's a win on that basis anyway.(y)

Krh57

Site Supporter
Sorry to sound a bit of a numpty but, is the 'silver' net for all silvers including, say bream of two pounds plus or do the bigger silvers go in with the carp ??

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
“All silver fish and fish under a pound are to be kept in a separate net. Mixed nets will not be weighed.”

I’ll get clarity on the day but I’m sure I’ve always put all silvers and any tiny carp in the same net.

To be honest if they snaffle your bait before the 4lb carp you are probably having a bad day.

Krh57

Site Supporter
Thanks for clearing that up Luke. Reference weighing in, are Jansons or you doing it ?

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
How are you going with the numbers - if short I may be able to fish - will know more on Thursday.
Peter

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
One short at the moment, but a couple of others I’ve not heard from since starting the thread.

dirk

Site Supporter
Looking forward to Saturday. Hope the weather is kind to us and this wind drops.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Today some of my mates ( yes I do have some ) fished the open at jansons only 12 or so turned up today .
1 mate had just over 300 pound and some STRUGGLED to 150 ?? It fished hard today so the reports I got say ???

fish4alarf

Site Supporter
Got me 39p tin of corn, some worms from last week and some furry pellets from the bottom of my box.
Do i need anything else.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Today some of my mates ( yes I do have some ) fished the open at jansons only 12 or so turned up today .
1 mate had just over 300 pound and some STRUGGLED to 150 ?? It fished hard today so the reports I got say ???

Is one of these mates Jacko?? Ringers everywhere.....

jononcb

Got me 39p tin of corn, some worms from last week and some furry pellets from the bottom of my box.
Do i need anything else.

I fished it in April and had 140lb odd of fish on 2 or 3 Red maggots.

That's all i would take though.

Worms, Corn, Hard pellets and 1/2 pint red maggots for hook only.

jononcb

All these venue regulars entering under pseudonyms.....

Noooooo Luke ........... I've never fished an open match there before and my only visit this year was a club match in April.

And that 140lb odd was only good enough for 4th place!!

It is that good a venue if it doesn't switch off!