Midlands Wooden Spoon Match - Jansons - 22/09/2018

Added to Calendar: 22/09/18

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
save me looking through all the posts but which lake are we fishing and is the draw 9am as original post says 9am? so just checking so i can get my brekkie first lol

90sGear

Site Supporter
Kirton's you running a stall for all your impulse purchase sales before or after the draw?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Kirton's you running a stall for all your impulse purchase sales before or after the draw?

He might even get shot of those keep-nets he had up for sale, given the recent match weights and 60 Lb net limit. I only need 2 :LOL:

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Evening All,

Few things to update........

So far we have 16 pegs paid, a couple of others who i know are coming so we are all good for the whole lake.

Draw 9am. Fish 10.30 until 3.30 (5 hrs)

Cafe - Open from 7.30ish. Linda is expecting a few orders so all good.

Tackle Shop - Open again from 7.30 they usually have all baits in stock. It is fishery own feed pellets.

Access - You will need a trolley but the car park is a short walk. The access is around the lakes is completely flat. If anyone needs a hand please let me know happy to help. All platforms are flat concrete.

Rules - Please read the match rules here - Match Fishing Rules - Janson Fishery

Nets - Please bring as many as you have. The net lmit is 60lb and strictly enforced. You will also need a seperate net for any fish under 1lb. Please dip them when you arrive.

Raffle - Please bring a donation if you can. Anything raised goes to the winners chosen charity.

Pools - £20/13 dependant on if you have paid for your peg. I was going to pay top 3 and 4 sections by default so efffectively you only need to beat 4/5 of your fellow anglers to get your money back. A prize for the tiddlers too. Im not a match organiser just an angler so please bear with me! If anyone knows where the trophy or spoon is please bring it with them.

Last of all - have fun - its an MD's match. There should be on form a lot of fish caught and hopefully i can get a picture for each angler of his catch on the day.

See you on Saturday - Luke

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
I've got the spoon some where ? As last winner went home early ??.
A new one will be added to the old 1 as we have ran out of room for winners names .

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I've got the spoon some where ? As last winner went home early ??.
A new one will be added to the old 1 as we have ran out of room for winners names .

Winner ? I thought the wooden spoon was like in the 6 nations rugby going to the team that came last ! I had bought a display case for it as well :cry:

jononcb

Looking forward to this match.
Regarding the net rules it's carp under a pound PLUS silver's in one net.
There are some decent Ide and Bream up to 3lb ish in the match lake.
Then the other carp In your other nets. These probably average 3-4 pounds.