Midlands Wooden Spoon Match - Jansons - 22/09/2018

Added to Calendar: 22/09/18

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Looking forward to Saturday haven't fished Jansons for a few years. The wining weights were around the 200lb mark then, did my first double ton here

gixer 13

Site Supporter
No not me more of a river and canal angler won a few opens on the trent and fossdyke as well as individual and team national medals but carp is not really my thing saying that I did hold the Jansons 3 hour match record at one point

jononcb

No not me more of a river and canal angler won a few opens on the trent and fossdyke as well as individual and team national medals but carp is not really my thing saying that I did hold the Jansons 3 hour match record at one point

Is that an old Newark Fed. fishing coat I see in your photo?!

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
I've been in touch with Linda at jansons ,full English breakfast are available if you pre book them ? For those who fancy one instead of cobs ? .

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Some really good weights there, only 1 out of 12 anglers not reaching a 100 Lb and just under at that.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Fish4alarf ,only 2 more sleepless nights then you can R.I.P till next year ??thats only 368 more days .

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
With 20 on it will even out a bit i would’ve thought. Might even push the fish across rather than in the margins, which I’ve seen before.

jononcb

I'm about 40 mins away from the venue and 40 mph winds forecast for Friday lol but Saturday looks a better day and only 10/11 mph winds, so fishing across should be okay.
When i have been in the past you will see lots of cruising fish but mugging them is another matter.......
In spring when I fished it the water levels were very low and probably had no more than 2.5/3ft down the track at the deepest point!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lol the fish will only go a little deeper when its cold not across and its still pretty mild here so should still be at the shelf, been keeping tabs with Martin who runs the matches as ive fished a few but 300lb doesnt interest me so prefer the other lakes or when its colder, mags or pellets is all that is needed he has been saying

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
lol the fish will only go a little deeper when its cold not across and its still pretty mild here so should still be at the shelf, been keeping tabs with Martin who runs the matches as ive fished a few but 300lb doesnt interest me so prefer the other lakes or when its colder, mags or pellets is all that is needed he has been saying

Didn’t mean cold - meant the pressure of anglers on the bank.