Midlands individuals and wooden spoon

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Originally posted by NickatCJs

I would be happy going back to the Riddings again next year, maybe the pool next to the Caf?
But easy, anywhere but my place I do like my 1 day a year away!

No problem with the Riddings either. Ideal venue

Bucko

21/03/06 - 05/12/15
In Memoriam
I have made some enquires so far on your behalf Lavender Hall Fisheries we would need two pools both with Disabled access and yes l can back up it is a good breakie.

I am waiting for Makins to come back to me with info the info is they suggest polls 4 & 2.

As the Riddings match pool l have been going there for the last 10 years and the owners are great but l feel we need a bit of comfort while having breakfast not sit there with your overcoat on but that's my age. but will always go back.

Makins is in front with Barston behind.

With Lavender Hall a close third,

Bucko.

Last edited:

baz-65

Hi John, Breakfasts my speciality. Lavender hall very good, Makins good. Don,t know the fishing at Lavender but pools 2 and 4 at Makins very good. Although they are disabled friendly,wheelchairs at Makins would struggle as some pegs are a foot drop onto the platforms, also lake 2 a fair walk from the car park.
Hope that helps me old mucker
Baz

Bucko

21/03/06 - 05/12/15
In Memoriam
Hi Richard

I suggest to Fisher Jazzman that we can run it alongside the Midlands Champion but it will be his decision.

I have had a look at Barston and feel it is not what we are looking for as with the Drowner's we do like a banter you only want to be next to a another match on the big pool and we might have a problem.
l have gone off Makins guys this is my own opinion my choice would be Lavender Hall booking two pools Oak & Benze and will take 45 pegs they fish alike and would be fair, and they are not far from the cafe and do have disabled pegs please google earth CV11 6QJ if that's not right try CV7 7BN but as l said it will be your decision but it needs booking.

Bucko,

Last edited:

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
If you book it they will come, a good bunch of lads won't let you down .

cant compete

Foundation lake at mallory park fisheries is an option there's a brilliant cafe at the race track over the road phone Roy Marlow for info

Bucko

21/03/06 - 05/12/15
In Memoriam
Okay had a chat with Mallory Park Fishery and l have to apply by email but will not know if l have a booking by the end of November but to be honest cant handle that as if we don't get the pool we want, the other venues might be gone, so l am going to ring round again to find a positive booking dates are tight for Saturdays as l have my matches and BAD H series we don't want to clash with so dates a bit thin on the ground.
So still might have to go July or late September or October so bear with me guys.

Bucko,

Last edited:

Bucko

21/03/06 - 05/12/15
In Memoriam
Hi Guys,
As you well know on my matches l like to include disabled anglers and we do have them on our forum so l look for venues that will cater for them.
I have had a email from Barston Fishery and that is not going to suit our needs as you well know we like a banter on the bank well we would be stretched out in a line plus any disabled angler fishing would have to go and sit in between the carp anglers and pleasure men on the other bank as the match pegs are on the right and that is not fair at all.
Makins 2 & 4 pools do not have disabled pegs so l have made many phone calls to all fisheries mentioned so my decision we are going to Lavender Hall Fisheries Balsall Common CV7 7BN pools Dragon 22 pegs and Bens 20 pegs will limit it to 35 pegs first come first served and both pools have disabled platforms, Dragon is the first pool on left and Bens is first on right and not far from cafe.

I hope this will suit all and the date will be Saturday 25th July 2015, 20.00 all in, 50% deposit will be paid to me non returnable, I will take bookings now but please try and keep date in your diary. l know this date will not suit all but as l keep saying it will not suit all.

Bucko.