Midlands Individual (Wooden Spoon)- Jansons - 22/09/2018

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Thanks to all that turned out, due to a number of circumstances we had a reduced field of 15 anglers from a potential 24. This did affect the pegging of the lake a little and I tried to keep the majority of the anglers in good areas whilst giving a bit of space. In the future I think I would put forward that all anglers pay the full amount up front to secure a spot, this helps organising the match but also is only fair to those turn up in terms of pools but also to those that wanted to fish but couldn’t.

Anyway…

I think all enjoyed the match as far as I could tell, the weather did its best to sour the mood but the banter flowed, fished were hooked, some caught and some lost. I think we can all agree that Jansons is a place where you can expect a good days fishing in terms of weights - I think it only took us an hour and fifteen minutes to weigh in!!

Thanks to those that help me weigh in - I appreciate it.

Thanks to those who also donated raffle prizes and to Ian who very generously helped to run the raffle and helped us raise £75 which was donated by the Winner to Newark Hospice - a worthy cause.

So in terms of fishing a total of 2271lb of fish was caught across 15 anglers with an average weight of 151lb per angler! The top three all caught on different baits so it just goes to prove you have to fish to your strengths. And the winner is/was……..

1st - 308.09 - Gixer 13 - Neil Fletcher. A man, if you believe his posts is a river and canal angler, and know affectionately known as ‘The Ringer’. Well done Neil, that was an awesome weight including around 46lb of Skimmers!

2nd - 227.15 - Hicko1 - Lee Hicking. Now I’ve known Lee a fairly long time and as soon as he told me he had 150 I knew that would be 200 plus - another Dark Horse. A great angler though on any water!

3rd - 223.06 - Ulladubulla - Me - As my Dad always tells me I should’ve done better, he’s probably right. I think Neil thrashing it to a foam next door put me off!

Section A - 173.12 - Garrym

Section B - 107.02 - Dirk

Section C - 127.00 - Whisker

Section D - 174.01 - Notneeded

Tiddlers - 52.15 - Jononcb

In terms of payout -

Entry £20 x 15 = 300

Peg £7 x 15 = 105 (Min for the lake was 16 so 112 paid)

Pools £13 x 15 = 195

1st - £55
2nd - £40
3rd - £30
4 sections - £20 each £80
Tiddlers - £10

Total payout £215 (This was subsidised by those who paid the peg fee but didn’t make it)

In terms of next year as winner of the all important Spoon Mr Scribe has the pleasure of nominating the venue. That being said I have provisionally books Aubreys Lake at Jansons for the 22/09/2019 for either this or a different match. This is more of a mixed lake with more silver fish and an average winning weight of around 60-100lb this season.

I appreciate the journey was a long one for some of the Birmingham based lads so it maybe best to have something more central but maybe we could have two matches - a home and away or East vs West just to add a bit more rivalry!!

Will also put this up on FB via my page - add me if you are on there.

Thanks again all - tight lines.

Attachments

• IMG_2742.jpg
    IMG_2742.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Midlands Individuals - Jansons 22:09:18- Results.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 38

90sGear

Site Supporter
Cheers again Luke top organising skillzzzz. Well done to the frame and cheers to all for making it an enjoyable day. I'm off for a warm soak, feeling it today having lifted the best part of 2000 lb ! 4 wetabix needed next time.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Cheers again Luke top organising skillzzzz. Well done to the frame and cheers to all for making it an enjoyable day. I'm off for a warm soak, feeling it today having lifted the best part of 2000 lb ! 4 wetabix needed next time.

Yes cheers for the help. unbelievable when i added it all up! Canal next year?

Whisker

Site Supporter
Thanks for organizing and running a very enjoyable day and well done all the framers.
Will keep a look out for the next one... ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Evening Luke,

Once again thanks for organising yesterday's match I did enjoy myself despite poor prep on my part and trashing two rigs and a hook link breaking. I am happy to go back to Jansons' next year. Did like your suggestion for West & East Midlands home / away matches. Maybe you could post a thread for suggestions for venues and see what the boys come up with.

Cheers

Kev

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
as i said in my post im more than happy to pay the full amount as i had to cancel last minute, just let me know how much and to who and i will pay up, felt crappy cancelling last minute but totally out of my control