Midlands Individual - Jansons Match Lake - 27/09/202

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Great weights, sportsmanship and it didnt rain! Well done all in what ended up a very close match! If youre all going to fish there more though you definitely need more nets. Thanks for everyone for making a great event despite the obvious outside circumstances and thanks to Whisker for helping me weigh in. An incredible 1550lb of fish over 9 anglers with an average of 172lb a man. Well done Gixer 13 for reclaiming the crown!

Gixer13 - Peg 33 - 292.00 (1st)
Alan Knight - Peg 7 - 280.06 (Section)
Mogz - Peg 37 - 257.08 (Section)
DaveRed5 - Peg 29 - 192.12
Dirk - Peg 35 - 162.08
AlanBucko - Peg 9 - 144.14 (PB)
Jos Downing (Junior) - Peg 5 - 113.00
Whsker - Peg 11 - 111.02
Scribe - Peg 31 - 36.00 (Proud retainer of the Spoon)

@gixer 13 @davered5 @dirk @Whisker @Scribe @Dave @MOGZ

I'd like to thank everyone for fishing over the last few years but im going to have to give up organising this match due to family and fishing commitments. I'm happy to help out anyone who would like to take this on and i feel personally it would benefit from a venue change to a more central area. It's been great to watch the sportmanship, comraderie and generosity generated through this event which over the years has raised valuable funds for local charities.

Best wiishes and tight lines.

Luke

Attachments

• IMG_6987.JPG
    IMG_6987.JPG
    682.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6988.JPG
    IMG_6988.JPG
    747.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6986.JPG
    IMG_6986.JPG
    751.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6983.JPG
    IMG_6983.JPG
    721 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6982.JPG
    IMG_6982.JPG
    540.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6984.JPG
    IMG_6984.JPG
    647.8 KB · Views: 17

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great stuff Luke and hopefully next year more will be able to join you all - I'm sure Peter and I would be up for it

davered5

Site Supporter
Great weights, sportsmanship and it didnt rain! Well done all in what ended up a very close match! If youre all going to fish there more though you definitely need more nets. Thanks for everyone for making a great event despite the obvious outside circumstances and thanks to Whisker for helping me weigh in. An incredible 1550lb of fish over 9 anglers with an average of 172lb a man. Well done Gixer 13 for reclaiming the crown!

Gixer13 - Peg 33 - 292.00 (1st)
Alan Knight - Peg 7 - 280.06 (Section)
Mogz - Peg 37 - 257.08 (Section)
DaveRed5 - Peg 29 - 192.12
Dirk - Peg 35 - 162.08
AlanBucko - Peg 9 - 144.14 (PB)
Jos Downing (Junior) - Peg 5 - 113.00
Whsker - Peg 11 - 111.02
Scribe - Peg 31 - 36.00 (Proud retainer of the Spoon)

@gixer 13 @davered5 @dirk @Whisker @Scribe @Dave @MOGZ

I'd like to thank everyone for fishing over the last few years but im going to have to give up organising this match due to family and fishing commitments. I'm happy to help out anyone who would like to take this on and i feel personally it would benefit from a venue change to a more central area. It's been great to watch the sportmanship, comraderie and generosity generated through this event which over the years has raised valuable funds for local charities.

Best wiishes and tight lines.

Luke
I would be happy to take it on mate is the trophy still going around

Whisker

Site Supporter
You can just see my MD polo shirt under my MD hoodie and MD cap. Flying the MD flag. Any plans for an MD bib n brace @Dave...? ?

Thanks for organising Luke, really enjoyed the day and good to meet new faces. May pick up the baton next year if no one else steps in.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Thanks for organising Luke another great day fished in good spirit nice to meet up with old faces and meet new ones. Well done jos and his 113lb

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can just see my MD polo shirt under my MD hoodie and MD cap. Flying the MD flag. Any plans for an MD bib n brace @Dave...? ?

Thanks for organising Luke, really enjoyed the day and good to meet new faces. May pick up the baton next year if no one else steps in.

No plans in the offing, however if anyone wanted to order clothing from Halkon Hunt I will give them permission to use our logo and embroidery

dirk

Site Supporter
Thanks Luke for organising this event, you did a great job (y)
I enjoyed catching 3 net fulls but my body didn't the next day. I think that's why Kev fished at his own pace :p

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
If I hadn't said to Luke I was going for two pins I wouldn't have bothered. Just my heart really wasn't in it,

Started with prep I had planned last weekend to get some rigs & hooks tied. that went out the window with family visits etc. This Saturday set up to do rigs and had to work instead. Hate turning up not as prepared as I wanted to be and coupled with a absolute duff week, I could have done with a game of rugby to get rid of my frustration (not that I would last more than 5 minutes !)

Was late leaving and by the time I set up it was half an hour into the match. had carp climbing over themselves at my feet in between the keep nets, but wouldn't take a hook bait tried different sized / colour pellet banded and expanders as well as couple of casters but no takers. Gave up and went down the track which was only 2 ft deep and any feeding resulted in swirls of mud as the carp rooted around, it has really silted up badly.

Had Neil (Gixer13) on the next peg and he very kindly offered me some of his rigs, but I declined, didn't seem like cricket to use borrowed rigs, I am a big believer in either stand or fall on your own merits.

To be honest I just didn't enjoy it on the day, even when I was catching, had a few foul hooked too tried limiting the feed to just 2 x 6 mm pellets and no bites or more pellets / caster and bites or foul hooking.

No reflection on the match itself all credit to Luke for organising all of the matches at Jansons, just me on the day,

just a couple of thanks to go out to @Gixer13 & @dirk on the day and apologies for being a miserable git.

davered5

Site Supporter
If I hadn't said to Luke I was going for two pins I wouldn't have bothered. Just my heart really wasn't in it,

Started with prep I had planned last weekend to get some rigs & hooks tied. that went out the window with family visits etc. This Saturday set up to do rigs and had to work instead. Hate turning up not as prepared as I wanted to be and coupled with a absolute duff week, I could have done with a game of rugby to get rid of my frustration (not that I would last more than 5 minutes !)

Was late leaving and by the time I set up it was half an hour into the match. had carp climbing over themselves at my feet in between the keep nets, but wouldn't take a hook bait tried different sized / colour pellet banded and expanders as well as couple of casters but no takers. Gave up and went down the track which was only 2 ft deep and any feeding resulted in swirls of mud as the carp rooted around, it has really silted up badly.

Had Neil (Gixer13) on the next peg and he very kindly offered me some of his rigs, but I declined, didn't seem like cricket to use borrowed rigs, I am a big believer in either stand or fall on your own merits.

To be honest I just didn't enjoy it on the day, even when I was catching, had a few foul hooked too tried limiting the feed to just 2 x 6 mm pellets and no bites or more pellets / caster and bites or foul hooking.

No reflection on the match itself all credit to Luke for organising all of the matches at Jansons, just me on the day,

just a couple of thanks to go out to @Gixer13 & @dirk on the day and apologies for being a miserable git.
thanks for the net mate

Total

Site Supporter
@Peter ......Possible money making opportunity on the 18th Peter....Pole rigs to rent out by the hour?:oops:;)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Peter ......Possible money making opportunity on the 18th Peter....Pole rigs to rent out by the hour?:oops:;)

I'll only need them for the last hour, wouldn't catch anything before that any how. :D:D