Midlands buddy

limmy01

Bit about me, 44 and new to fishing live next door to east mids Airport...
Only started fishing this winter and have started putting my gear together .. so far I have been out pike fishing a few times and have done one session on a carp lake.. would like to find a fishing buddy to not only chat rubbish to on the bank but to also learn from...
I want to fish for both carp and barbel in the spring , summer and autumn and then predator fish through the winter...Joined a few local clubs in Derby but also close to Loughborough and Notts...

J

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Well, you are welcome to join me at some time, for the odd day, I mostly fish around Newark, Nottingham, Southwell - perhaps once a month at the moment. At 70+ I am more selective at the moment for the odd day, rather than nbraving the bitter cold. If you want to know the best venues, Tim of matchman supplies keeps his ear to the ground.

ravey

I’m not far from you. I stick almost exclusively to natural venues, mainly the Trent and the Erewash canal is very local to me. I do lots of hemp and tare fishing in the warmer months.

limmy01

Cheers both, hopefully have a session with you both this season.. I'm on the pride of derby lakes, derby railway club and the Loughborough soar club, I believe I get guest tickets do will be happy to return the favour

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I fish Pride of Derby ticket though mostly the rivers rather than the gravel pits.

You're welcome to come Barbel fishing on the Derwent when it's warmer and the new season starts.

I do Pike fish too though haven't managed to bring myself to do any so far this winter and the conditions are better than they have been for a few years, not so much rain :LOL: