Midlands angling club warned it could lose fishing rights after holding fishing match in lockdown

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Last post on their FB page in relation, mind you still no apology from the idiot himself! such a shame there is no fine or penalty for breaking the rules! dont think he is sorry for his actions either lol but he hasnt posted about running any more matches!

1605957794191.png

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
I doubt anyone would know the outcome other than those concerned unless at some time in the future it was put in the public domain.
To be frank I don't even know where the one particular incident was but I imagine it ( the outcome) would make the local rag and certainly the angling press if its caused enough consternation for a 14 page thread on here :D

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Lots of laws get broken with no punishment being received. Daily millions of drivers break the law. Does not make breaking the law right. There is no reason why breaking the law on holding a fishing match should attract a different set of expectations as regards punishment to any other law. Hence I say the sanctions/punishment aspect is irrelevent.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Last post on their FB page in relation, mind you still no apology from the idiot himself! such a shame there is no fine or penalty for breaking the rules! dont think he is sorry for his actions either lol but he hasnt posted about running any more matches!

View attachment 88808

I don't say this often, but. What a bunch of t0$$ers. Its the Government that says no competitive sport below elite level. I hope they lose the fishing rights.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent video @Bulldog

Two points worth watching if you haven't got the time to watch it all are:

at 27minutes - Why Matchfishing is not allowed during this lockdown

at 40minutes - Regarding what is an acceptable distance to travel

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
the posts on the MD FB page are bloody ridiculous! can imagine the PM abuse you are getting as well Dave/Kevin, retarded people breaking rules and/or justifying the breaking of the rules and matches going ahead!!!!

Hope you/AT can get proof of anglers/fisheries that are breaking the rules and fines are dished out to everyone!!!!

at least the video should appease the few i have seen who have asked for the justification and/or those that have questioned the distance to travel part