Midlands angling club warned it could lose fishing rights after holding fishing match in lockdown

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Do you think it would be that low, Chris? Worrying if so. I'm hoping an intense vaccination programme followed by a long summer (where transmission rate naturally drops) will see the back of it.
Hopefully the take up is high and if only about 20% don't have the vaccine then as mentioned it won't be able to find hosts, need an early summer in spring like we had this year.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i asked him myself and he said he didnt know! never seen such a daft sentence hahahahaha at least man up and admit you knew the rules and decided to break them and got caught. 2 people out of the whole of the angling world who didnt know the rules..............go figure!

1605693165116.png

alsur

Site Supporter
Agreed. Everybody will at sometime in their life end up in Hospital. A lot of Hospitals being built now are smaller with less beds. Take my local in Swindon, they have opened a new one in the last 10 years. It is half the size of the old one in terms of wars and beds, yet Swindon is now twice the size in population terms than when the original was built. It’s not just about Covid, it’s everything else and there will be more deaths because of it.
It's not as simple as number of beds many procedures require a much shorter hospital stay than they did in past, some procedures that required a weeks stay in hospital can be done as day surgery now because of things like keyhole surgery.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
The reason I know Dave is because after the match I asked him the question myself... he said he didn’t know it was illegal to compete.... and to be honest I didn’t know that either, I only realised when I watched Janie Cook on the Orvis interview.
So is he thick then, illiterate or just a rule bender? The AT made it very very clear. Two can pleasure fish at distance but NO match fishing. I fail to see what is so hard to understand.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
hmmm for someone who says "he didnt know matches were not allowed" his posts read a tad differently

1605698699227.png

1605698728455.png

lol yep, completely didnt know about the rules and now fully apologetic and wont run any more and thankful that he now knows the rules!!!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
trying to work out how a tool like this actually has enough brain cells to be able to breath each day

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
The reason I know Dave is because after the match I asked him the question myself... he said he didn’t know it was illegal to compete.... and to be honest I didn’t know that either, I only realised when I watched Janie Cook on the Orvis interview.

HanKat Angling

1d ·

Been and had a days fishing today with David Sheaf and Glenn Law.
We've been on pegs 3,4 and 5 on HanKat stretch of top canal.
Andy Curless and his two mates had 20lb between them saturday on pegs by the rezza so we thought we'd try back of the houses to see if the fish had moved.
Needless to say they haven't.
Dave on peg 5 has had 10lb 10oz, one chublet and loads of roach,perch and gudgeon.
I've had 5lb 7oz from peg 4, 30 roach on bread early then about 30 perch and gudgeon on pinkie.
Glenn on peg 3 has had 7lb 1oz, one good perch and lots of small fish.
It's strange because we've hardly caught any small fish all summer and now its solid.
My thinking is the amount of natural food in there after the first lockdown with no boats has kept them well fed.
It's looking good for the 2 dayer over xmas.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and food

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

No photo description available.

More than two people YES
Set of scales and a weigh-in YES
Fished at the weekend by the looks of it YES
Previously announced he was holding a match that weekend YES

THIS IS BLATANTLY BREAKING THE RULES AND THE MAN NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO ACCOUNT

If I put on here what I actually thought of this bloke then I would more than likely be on the naughty step.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
you and me both bud and people are defending him lmao!

"If I put on here what I actually thought of this bloke then I would more than likely be on the naughty step"

jasonb

Account Locked
So is he thick then, illiterate or just a rule bender? The AT made it very very clear. Two can pleasure fish at distance but NO match fishing. I fail to see what is so hard to understand.
you might have hit the nail on the head there...he was not listening to the angling trust and thought he could run a match with no gatherings or social distancing and it would be legal.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lol and the excuse for what he has posted since is what???? love the way he accepts he is in the wrong and wont do it again and apologises for doing it in the first place and the other retards fishing with him, i would happily see him with a 100k fine and all his fishing tackle smashed up in front of his face.

1605700390814.png

Last edited:

jasonb

Account Locked
i asked him myself and he said he didnt know! never seen such a daft sentence hahahahaha at least man up and admit you knew the rules and decided to break them and got caught. 2 people out of the whole of the angling world who didnt know the rules..............go figure!

View attachment 88499
you really are something...another person making things up in there head...when did I say I fished the match?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
lol did you read your post? its your post that you said where and i quote - The reason I know Dave is because after the match I asked him the question myself... he said he didn’t know it was illegal to compete. why did i say you fished the match??? or even that you broke the rules?

please tell me what part i have wrong? you seriously need to pull your head out of his arse! i am something in that ive posted exactly what he has posted since he broke the rules and continues to do so, you seem to try and justify everything he does as its ok or some bizarre arse licking habit you have from what i have read

jasonb

Account Locked

HanKat Angling

1d ·

Been and had a days fishing today with David Sheaf and Glenn Law.
We've been on pegs 3,4 and 5 on HanKat stretch of top canal.
Andy Curless and his two mates had 20lb between them saturday on pegs by the rezza so we thought we'd try back of the houses to see if the fish had moved.
Needless to say they haven't.
Dave on peg 5 has had 10lb 10oz, one chublet and loads of roach,perch and gudgeon.
I've had 5lb 7oz from peg 4, 30 roach on bread early then about 30 perch and gudgeon on pinkie.
Glenn on peg 3 has had 7lb 1oz, one good perch and lots of small fish.
It's strange because we've hardly caught any small fish all summer and now its solid.
My thinking is the amount of natural food in there after the first lockdown with no boats has kept them well fed.
It's looking good for the 2 dayer over xmas.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and food

No photo description available.

More than two people YES
Set of scales and a weigh-in YES
Fished at the weekend by the looks of it YES
Previously announced he was holding a match that weekend YES

THIS IS BLATANTLY BREAKING THE RULES AND THE MAN NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO ACCOUNT

If I put on here what I actually thought of this bloke then I would more than likely be on the naughty step.
I agree with you now on this, I did see this post and I thought yes you made a mistake on the match but know you are deliberately pushing it.

jasonb

Account Locked
lol did you read your post? its your post that you said where and i quote - The reason I know Dave is because after the match I asked him the question myself... he said he didn’t know it was illegal to compete. why did i say you fished the match??? or even that you broke the rules?

please tell me what part i have wrong? you seriously need to pull your head out of his arse! i am something in that ive posted exactly what he has posted since he broke the rules and continues to do so, you seem to try and justify everything he does as its ok or some bizarre arse licking habit you have from what i have read
your another one of these people who you cannot have a civil conversation with.....

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
not with people like you no i cant, i tried many many posts back but since decided you are not worth the effort as it didnt work the first time around

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
your another one of these people who you cannot have a civil conversation with.....
Sorry but I have to agree with Ginger on this. Your post says quite clearly

"The reason I know Dave is because after the match I asked him the question myself... he said he didn’t know it was illegal to compete.

This to me implies you were at the match either as an angler or a spectator.

JayD

I've said on here that I'm no great fan of the Angling Trust, (it's a long story going back 9 years), but they are now established as anglings representative body. In that role they have sought, and received clarity from the Government, as to what we, as anglers, can and can't do. They've passed this on to the rest of us to try and avoid any confusion. With this in mind, why is this guy blaming it all on the Angling Trust, they are just the messengers?
I don't know this guy, or the fishery/club he represents, and after seeing his video where he's whinging and moaning like a petulant, foulmouthed school kid, I'm glad that I don't. Sadly, for the image of angling, it appears that he has quite a few fans though.

John.