Middy XM10-3 Pole

dougan

Site Supporter
Anyone used one of these? If so, what do you think of it?
Bang on my budget of £250, just joined a club which has two small lakes containing only carp and tench, ranging from a 1lb to nearly 20lb.
Looked at the Preston Edge Monster and others of that type, the Middy seems to be lighter and slimmer but is still rated to a 25 elastic.
Thought the Middy would be better suited for targeting the smaller fish as well as the bigger carp.

Thanks

PAULMK5

Go for it, i had the preston monster and sold it after a few sessions, got the xm10-3 and love it. i use it all the time. my club lake has a few large carp but has just restocked with small carp and i use middy shockcore 8-10 hollow and its great for them also doesnt bump off silvers. It is really nicely balanced and much better than the prestons in my used opinion. the middy fusion universal topkits fit with a little cutbacking and are cheap to buy.

dougan

Site Supporter
Also got to go outdoors you get a great discount with the card,i got mine for £205
I have just looked, the description is for the MX-2, but the pictures is the MX-3, also the overview says it's the MX-3, have messaged them to clarify.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Or look at the Matrix MTX margin pole,
3 topkits ready bushed and fitted with side pullers.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Had a look, seems to be out of stock everywhere
It's a good strong pole, not heavy either.
I have had double figure carp on mine.

Phone Leigh Tackle and bait, they normally have them in stock. And will post if required

LifeboatDave

Also got to go outdoors you get a great discount with the card,i got mine for £205
Did you get the XM-2 or the XM-3 from them when you ordered, with all the accessories included? I noticed the discrepancy dougan mentioned on their web page too. Called them to clarify but the lad didn't have a clue

PAULMK5

It's a great bit of kit I use Dura slip 7 in the matchkit for silvers and duraslip 11 for carp and tench. Easy to fish at full length as it's so stiff and straight. I also got the 11and half metre extension for it separately and the middy fusion universal topkits fit with just abit of cutting back.

LifeboatDave

Got a blinding deal with Go Outdoors. RRP£375, down to £200 with Go Outdoors card then down to £170 with my Defence Discount Card. Nearly ordered another for spares :ROFLMAO:

dougan

Site Supporter
So tempted to order one if it is the 3 model, if you need to return it you are liable for the return postage, not sure what that would cost due to its length

GoonerDrew

Been using the XM10-2 for a few years now! Cracking margin pole! The only problem that I’ve found is getting new top kits! Perhaps now that the XM10-3 has been released this will change??