Middy shotgun feeders.

jimbo1946

Hi all. Just watched underwater test on these.They work ok.The first thing that struck me was that you would not be able to tighten down to right away as that would prevent the weak spring from operating.You would need to give a couple of inches of slack until the feeder has emptied.Dont see that causing any probs though.Question is l suppose, is it any better than just using a cage feeder and giving it a short tug to empty? Anyone actually fished with one?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I couldn't get on with them. Went straight back to the old, reliable cage feeder.

Paul.P

I used to use them on a local bream water with softened hard 4mm pellets & expander spiked on a hair rig, after casting out, wait approx. 20 seconds & you saw the tip move as the feeder released the bait, wait a few more seconds & tip would fly round with bream or tench on. Haven't fished that water for a while now as they've stopped having matches, but it was fun & effective.

Captain Pugwash

Ya wont catch owt sat on the settee. P.A.C Member
I'll tell you what they make a great Pike lure, I had two 3oz middy shotgun feeders bitten off 6 weeks ago on the tidal Trent.
I like using them. (Not for Pike lol)