Middy margin pole.which ?

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hi.looking for a middy margin pole that is compatable with my middy zx65-2

1,xr8
2,qm1
3,xm10 -3 last one i think is a carp pole not a dedicated margin pole.
Any middy users have any input on which to get.
I think the nano range and reactorcore range are all compatable across the range.
I do have a new 9.5 diawa but would like tops to interchange will probs sell that 1.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
If you want it to be compatible with your ordinary pole, do you really need a margin pole? I wouldn't put my pole anywhere near the work I would expect only a margin pole could do.

Fishfinderuk

If you want it to be compatible with your ordinary pole, do you really need a margin pole? I wouldn't put my pole anywhere near the work I would expect only a margin pole could do.
Thats one of the good things about middy poles,they do inter change,and that why I think he wants a middy margin pole.i paid £160 for my qm1 which is a steal if you already have a middy pole because top kits are expensive and it comes with two,one peice ghost kits.

PAULMK5

I have the xm10-3 and love it, due to health reasons i sold my old maver poles and got the preston monster margin pole and only used it 3 times, i hated it as it was bouncy and felt out of balance. I was in fishing republic and the salesman was talking to his mate about how light and responsive this new middy pole he had just got delivered,i asked to look at it and bought it 5minutes later. i use it with the match top 3 with middy shockcore hollow 4-8 for roach,skimmers etc and in the power top 2 kit i have zipp green . Its a very light and strong margin pole but still good enough for me to use it for silvers on my club lake.

Fishfinderuk

I think middy poles are well priced.i have a zx65 and xp35 ordered £3,240 for a flagship and a mid range that both inter change.id be looking at £4000+ easy from other brands,and I don't think they would be as good.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Thats one of the good things about middy poles,they do inter change,and that why I think he wants a middy margin pole.i paid £160 for my qm1 which is a steal if you already have a middy pole because top kits are expensive and it comes with two,one peice ghost kits.
I wouldn't use the strong elastic in a margin top kit on an ordinary pole. And I don't see the point in using light elastic on a margin pole. Never understood why both types of pole need to be compatible. They are both different tools for different jobs.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I have the Middy Xtreme M3 which does come in handy for real beasts or very snaggy swims, can't say I have found the need to use the 30 elastic it's rated to (so far :D).

I have owned a MIddy XK55 16 Metre and XM10 margin pole and the fact that the sections are interchangeable was a big factor in buying them as a package, as it was my first 16 M pole, so if I did break a section I knew I had spares to hand.

Fishfinderuk

I wouldn't use the strong elastic in a margin top kit on an ordinary pole. And I don't see the point in using light elastic on a margin pole. Never understood why both types of pole need to be compatible. They are both different tools for different jobs.
Yes,but its always good to know you do have options.