Middy 10ft Feeder Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billynomates

Just purchased a Middy "The Works" 10ft feeder rod. This is probably the best 50.00 that I have spent.
Nice looking rod, great action and a nice slim blank.
A very good buy if you can't justify spending over 100.00
Well done Middy [:)][:)][:)][:)]

sandy

looks a nice rod matey. but not sure about 50.00? seen them on bennets website for 34.99!

Last edited by a moderator:

CLOMP

yes a very good little rod for the dosh, I paid 39.95 for mine last Tuesday,, on the Wednesday (VERY WINDY) I used it with a ground bait feeder and bagged up with carp to 8lb, I was using 6lb line, it cast very nice and has a good playing action, not to sure about the reel seat but has give me no problems yet, a good strong little rod that does what it says on the tin

Billynomates

Originally posted by sandy

looks a nice rod matey. but not sure about 50.00? seen them on bennets website for 34.99!
Yea your right, too late now[:C]

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
I bought one of these from BOS and it's a superb rod for the money.

Will handle carp well into double figures.

SteveR

anyone know what ounce tips this rod comes with?
non of the retailers know that i've called because it doesn't state anything in the product spec???????
why do manufacturers do that???
you don't see them selling poles or rods without a length on them so why do so many manufacturers not state this small but ever so important piece of detail???
oh hum!

SteveR

****UPDATE****

spoke to middy direct and it comes with a 1-1.5oz glass tip and a 2-3oz carbon tip.

so, [:eek:)]2 tips that are rated between 1-3oz.
Bizarre! [?]

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
I won one of these in an Angling Times competition back in July and it finally arrived last week, used it on one of our club waters casting a method feeder 20 - 25 yards against an island and I thought it was a cracking little rod, very nice through action and played the fish I hooked well, these only went up to about 3 lb but the rod feels like it has plenty of backbone and would happily cope with larger fish.

Nemesis

AMBER + BLUE
I just use the white one that was attached too the rod,not used the other yet. [:)]

SteveR

Finally got round to having a look at one today, and have to say i was not impressed.
Had my reels in the back of my car still from the weekend so tried a reel on one so i could have a feel of the action with line runing through the rings.
It took 3 rods before we found one that didn't have sharp point on the laquer on the tips (great for causing line wrap arounds) but not too much of a problem. The problem i had was fitting both a shimano seido and shimano super 4000 GT-RA on the rod. The reel seat is designed to take very big reels, so normal reels used for everyday commercial carping ain't too clever. Even with the reel seat wound down as tight as possible you can still feel a bit of play in the reel,moving side to side.
Only way round it would be to put tape on the reel to thicken it up for a snug fit on the rods reel seat, which means i then have to remove it if i want to use any of my other rods.
Compared to the cheaper garbo squad picker there is miles of difference in quality in the garbo's favour,although the middy has more backbone.
Cheap as it is, that handle looks awful, didn't feel nice in my hands and didn't lock down enough on the reel for my liking. Sort the handle out and i reckon its a winner at 35 notes for baggin bigger commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.