Micros Coming Off The Method Feeder

CarpCatcher86

Has anyone else had this problem? Luckily I was fishing shallow and close in so I could see the pellets explode off the feeder on impact.
Pellets were Dynamite Baits low oil XL carp pellets, soaked in a pellet wetter for 1 minute exactly. After I put them in a bait box, giving them a good shake every now and then before I actually needed them. Using a Drennan inline method feeder with a bait mould, they stuck to the feeder and came out of the mould like a dream.
I didn't notice when fishing further out, but certainly when fishing closer in I was able to see the pellets coming off the feeder on impact with the water.
Should I look at adding a sprinkling of oil, flavoured or plain, or maybe add a sprinkiling of groundbait?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sorry I can’t comment on the pellets nor the feeder but, I have no problem at all with a Preston feeder and ringers micros. If I feel I’m fishing a tad deep for the method I’ll move to a guru hybrid feeder. One thing to try before you go buying more gear is once you’ve soaked your pellets give them a liberal coating of Horlicks. Yes, the night time drink. It’s makes pellets stick together better if you are having any problems. Good luck pal. 👍

rudd

Site Supporter
Are you giving feeder a squeeze with hand or just using a mould?

Maverick

Site Supporter
Sorry I can’t comment on the pellets nor the feeder but, I have no problem at all with a Preston feeder and ringers micros. If I feel I’m fishing a tad deep for the method I’ll move to a guru hybrid feeder. One thing to try before you go buying more gear is once you’ve soaked your pellets give them a liberal coating of Horlicks. Yes, the night time drink. It’s makes pellets stick together better if you are having any problems. Good luck pal. 👍
And for a bit of added flavour try the chocolate flavoured horlicks (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Has anyone else had this problem? Luckily I was fishing shallow and close in so I could see the pellets explode off the feeder on impact.
Pellets were Dynamite Baits low oil XL carp pellets, soaked in a pellet wetter for 1 minute exactly. After I put them in a bait box, giving them a good shake every now and then before I actually needed them. Using a Drennan inline method feeder with a bait mould, they stuck to the feeder and came out of the mould like a dream.
I didn't notice when fishing further out, but certainly when fishing closer in I was able to see the pellets coming off the feeder on impact with the water.
Should I look at adding a sprinkling of oil, flavoured or plain, or maybe add a sprinkiling of groundbait?
Horlicks as said and squeeze mould very hard then when you release the mould squeeze again in the palm of your hand ✋

MrBen

Less soak time, and if still having problems some binder/Horlicks. I tend to fish a lot of micros and groundbait in roughly 50:50 proportions.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Cheers Maverick 👍 Sounds like I’m behind the door here. Definitely worth a try. I’m sure SWMBO won’t begrudge me £3.40’s worth. Big shop tomorrow so I’ll be sneaking a jar in …. Along with luncheon meat and sweet corn. She’ll not notice. 😳🤣👍
Sneak some in?? Wimp, just tell your having them...end of. (I dare you). :giggle:

Total

Site Supporter
Cheers Maverick 👍 Sounds like I’m behind the door here. Definitely worth a try. I’m sure SWMBO won’t begrudge me £3.40’s worth. Big shop tomorrow so I’ll be sneaking a jar in …. Along with luncheon meat and sweet corn. She’ll not notice. 😳🤣👍
^^ Mrs Tipitin will!......I've just sent her the above post via text!:p;):ROFLMAO:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Probably over-wetting the pellet. I sort this problem out by mixing a little dry sticky method mix with the pellet. Seems to work well. Are they coming off the mold cleanly? If not, try putting a little bit of plastic bag in the mold first, making sure it covers the whole mold, then load the mold up, you'll find it comes away clean with no problems.

CarpCatcher86

Probably over-wetting the pellet. I sort this problem out by mixing a little dry sticky method mix with the pellet. Seems to work well. Are they coming off the mold cleanly? If not, try putting a little bit of plastic bag in the mold first, making sure it covers the whole mold, then load the mold up, you'll find it comes away clean with no problems.
Sorry if I didn't mention, the pellets came out of the mould perfectly every time, it was just a case of them breaking away from the feeder on impact.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Sorry if I didn't mention, the pellets came out of the mould perfectly every time, it was just a case of them breaking away from the feeder on impact.
Sounds like they not sticky enough, but it could be down to the quality (or age) of pellet too. I would mix them with something that has some stickiness to it like Horlicks (as mentioned) or a small amount of dry, sticky method mix.

Last edited: