Please Read Mick's Funeral

Micks brother

Will let you know as soon as i know regarding a wake . Have also spoke to rosie his granddaughter and many of you have been beaten off your peg by her and as mick would have said " been rosied " she would like a memorial match for her granddad which she will fish to .
Any help would be greatfull as ive just started new job and getting any spare time at mo is a nightmare

ATTICUS FINCH

Will let you know as soon as i know regarding a wake . Have also spoke to rosie his granddaughter and many of you have been beaten off your peg by her and as mick would have said " been rosied " she would like a memorial match for her granddad which she will fish to .
Any help would be greatfull as ive just started new job and getting any spare time at mo is a nightmare
Richard I will have a word with Rosie at the funeral regards a match , it would be a pleasure to organise it for Mick.
I will contact his club and see if we can use a stretch of the RMC for it ,I'm sure they will have members who would want to fish also .

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a note to avoid any confusion, The time and date remains as originally posted on the 1st post.
Unfortunately some confusion arose due to Richard being misinformed by another member of the family.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I will be attending the funeral to pay my respects. Not the best reason for me to travel down to see my brother in East Sussex but we had planned a trip for March so we have brought it forward a couple of months.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As it stands at the moment the family hasn't picked a charity for any donations, it's torn between three dog charities which Mick has supported.

I've also had a quote for a 30" long funeral arrangement (flowers), in the shape/design of Maggotdrowning's Maggie, which is £100

Both Peter and I spoke about this and we think it's definitely something we should do, however not too sure regarding the cost of the flowers or whether it would be better to put the money towards the charity(ies).

Has anyone any suggestions or thoughts on this?

Bulldog

Site Supporter
As it stands at the moment the family hasn't picked a charity for any donations, it's torn between three dog charities which Mick has supported.

I've also had a quote for a 30" long funeral arrangement (flowers), in the shape/design of Maggotdrowning's Maggie, which is £100

Both Peter and I spoke about this and we think it's definitely something we should do, however not too sure regarding the cost of the flowers or whether it would be better to put the money towards the charity(ies).

I would open a thread up for donations see what people contribute then if there's is enough raised flowers then rest split between the charities is my suggestion

scuttster

Site Supporter

Perhaps, if possible, set up 2 separate donation links. One for flowers and a charitable donation. And one purely for charity. Then the ones making a donation have a choice.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I will give money towards the flowers, if donations are requested at the crematorium I will donate there.

JayBee

Site Supporter

I'm unable to attend, but would like to contribute to both the flowers and dog charity donation. Please advise how to forward the necessary.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter

Put the money towards the charities Dave, I think that's what Mick would want.