method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky Dido

Can anyone explain to me how you use a method rig, as i have read that they are very good.
Have never used one before,not sure which one to buy as there is so many to pick from.
And how do you attach you hook. [?][?][?]

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
ok, I'll show you how to do the inline one.

You thread the line through the middle of the method feeder. Then tie a swivel on the end of the line then tie your hooklength on the other end of the swivel. Near the top of the method, attach a shot to prevent the method from going too far up the line.

When applying groundbait to the mix, make sure it only just covers the feeder and cast regularly, like every 5-10 mins to the same spot to keep the feed going in.

Hope that helps.

kleinboet

If you are going to use the method, the inline one is the one to use.
Most of the others have been banned from fisheries and any angler that cares for the fish will not use any other kind as the others are bolt rigs which will hang from the fishes mouth (almost certainly guaranteeing its doom).
Using the inline one is easy, all you do is set up with this feeder being used as an ordinary ledger (which is then filled with ground bait), stopped on the line by a swivel. The hook length is shorter, usualy 3" to 4" long. Do NOT put anything on the line above the feeder, as the idea is that the feeder can fall off the line if you have a snap off!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.