Method v Hybrid

Line Clip

Having watched some recent YouTube videos on feeders, it appears the hybrid has become the one to use the most by anglers.
The Preston Innovations Top men still loyal to the conventional, flat bed or banjo feeder ( Hybrid coming soon from Preston I believe )
There seems to be more of a thing going on now, to have the 2mm in-cased by the raised sides etc of the hybrid, with a smaller footprint
of pellets to spread out when the feeder breaks down. and with less pellets coming off when hitting the water on the cast.

Do you think the flat bed method will slowly disappear from the shelves, now that the hybrid as come along and has been so successful,
or do you think the flatbed still reigns supreme,

Do you use one or the other, or both . There are some top anglers that don't carry the flat bed with them anymore.

Trent_Fisher

Site Supporter
I almost only use the hybrid feeders to be honest. I very rarely use anything else such as pellet feeder, banjo etc as I find the hybrids so effective.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I personally think there is room for both in our feeder boxes. 90% of the time I use a hybrid but, when my swim is under 4’ deep I wouldn’t hesitate to use a method feeder. Especially in summer when the fish are having it. In fact I think a method could out fish a hybrid in this situation. I have heard a certain Mr Ringer doesn’t use method feeders now but ..... What does he know hey Mick ? 🤣🤣

stikflote

Site Supporter
Those hybrid feeders from Decathlon. definately look different to others, any one used them ??