Method Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
Hey everyone
Im goin fishing to Bullocks farm (kingston seymour, near clevedon) im gone to stick a method out and fish a waggler aswell, does anyone know the best way to make a good method mix with normal groundbait, thanx
i carp daily
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Landed two in a minute havin waited all day.

MALC

quote:does anyone know the best way to make a good method mix with normal groundbait

Depends on what you call normal groundbait [?][?][?]

If you give us a clue as to what G/B you already have i'll suggest a few ways or things to spice/liven it up if i can.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
ye sory bout dat,
its a corn groundbait not sure wot make or anything else bout iit, i bout it at a show.
thanx
i carp daily[:D]

Landed two in a minute havin waited all day.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
buy a method mix groundbait! you dont need that much of it and wud be easier to use

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
use any groundbait you want just buy a good binder and bind your mix together mate

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Simon R

Site Supporter
A good binder for fishing the method?

IMO for ease of use and cheapness you can't beat a couple of tins of liquidised sweetcorn. Makes a lovely sticky groundbait and doesn't contain too many food particles to fill the fish up.

Tight Lines

Simon

Larry

Lazarus
the mix i use
is 4 half pint mugs of brown groundbait.
2 " " " " Carp 3000
2 " " " " of hemp use water to mix up with
that's the basic mix.
& add what ever else you've got ie sweetcorn a few maggot's ,worm's bread punch pellet's, carp pellet's not too many free offering's you want the carp to find your groundbait & start seaching for freebie's.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
What does IMO mean ? yes i use a binder i mix my prefered mix then like to add binder to make it solid espcially on rivers then i have a light mix which i put over the top of this which gives a lovely cloud when it hits the bottom.

quote:Originally posted by Simon R

A good binder for fishing the method?

IMO for ease of use and cheapness you can't beat a couple of tins of liquidised sweetcorn. Makes a lovely sticky groundbait and doesn't contain too many food particles to fill the fish up.

Tight Lines

Simon

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

brady

a couple of eggs cracked into the mix also makes a good binder for the method

The Tangler

2 X 1kg bags Van Den Eynde method mix ( red )
1 bag red bread crumb
1 tin sweetcorn ( liqudised )
1 cup cooked hemp
1 cup crushed trout pellets
1 cup baby milk powder
Mix this up then add:
1 tin whole sweetcorn
2 cups sml trout pellets
In the winter if I use this, first I will sieve out the feed in the Van Den
method mix and leave out the whole sweetcorn and trout pellets.

MALC

Now i'll be totally different to all the above...(nothing new then [;)])

Local to me is where alot of the original work was done on The Method Feeder at places such as Mallory Park and Drayton Reservoir to name just 2.

And yes back in the early days it was a case of make a rock hard ball around the feeder (loads of PV1 or other binders) and a soft outer coating and yes it worked and accounted for endless nets bulging with Carp.[:D]

BUT

Things have changed and now whilst you will catch on the above you never fill your net.[:0]

So The Method was and still is being refined.[;)]

And now the best way to fish The Method (local to me) is with smaller balls and no real binder as such, as the carp have wised up to rock hard balls of groundbait laying on the bottom and are more cautious.

The way now is for a soft mix that falls off the feeder within minutes rather than hours [:0] (yes in the early days i remember catching 3 or 4 carp before the groundbait would fall from the feeder)[:D]

Now most of my mixes will be off the feeder within 3 minutes of it hitting the bottom.

Regards Icarpdaily's original question (for now as it's still changing weather) i would say just add fishmeal to the groundbait your happy with and maybe tweak it up with an additive like betaine or something, dont add any freebies and mix it on the soft side rather than hard.

But another way to go at present is with a straight lead and corn and no feed at all and just search your swim.
Also personally i would just stick to 1 rod in use at a time as you can't concentrate if your using 2 IMO (but thats just the match man in me i suppose)[;)]

Maybe it's different where you fish but the main thing is to be open minded and flexible and enjoy.

Finally though use a SAFE Method Feeder and not a tether rig.[;)]

P.S.
IMO = In My Opinion [:)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.