Method Feeders

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Do you block the holes at the bottom of the Hybrid?
I do pal. A few years ago I was a big believer in using the lightest method / hybrid I could get away with but, now I use a slightly heavier hybrid than I need. My theory is that I don’t want carp knocking it away from where I want to be fishing. I’ve watched my own carp in my pond ‘ roll ‘ a light method / hybrid feeder away from where I’ve dropped it. Often once the bait has come away from the feeder the carp become wary and give it a wide birth after that.

AlfieBass

I do pal. A few years ago I was a big believer in using the lightest method / hybrid I could get away with but, now I use a slightly heavier hybrid than I need. My theory is that I don’t want carp knocking it away from where I want to be fishing. I’ve watched my own carp in my pond ‘ roll ‘ a light method / hybrid feeder away from where I’ve dropped it. Often once the bait has come away from the feeder the carp become wary and give it a wide birth after that.

Interesting.

Ive experimented with feeders for years and genuinely believe the Hybrid is the only one I’ve come across that give me confidence providing the pellets are sticky everything remains intact to the bottom in water that’s over 4 -5 ft deep.

Silver fan 82

Would you recommend a hybrid feeder for water averaging 10 - 12 feet deep or better of with a blockend or cage feeder?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Think fish may have wised a little, been around in various guises now for probably 30 years or so now since the original emstats. Funnily enough was talking to a mate during an outing today about this very thing and i don't think it helps trying to judge method feeder effectiveness when we haven't had decent fishing weather for around 8 weeks now. When it's right you still can't beat it i reckon and can set your watch by the bites, lately its been the hour hand. I never venture from the original flat beds and can't be bothered with any other design or system.

satinet

Site Supporter
I used to fish a bit at boddington. Tbh I used to find the the drennan pellet feeders better than the drennan method feeders that I was using. Guess it worked better in deeper water. Used to use 2mm pellets on both.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
on commercials, the method is still my go to if I switch to the tip

I use either modified preston feeders or Map interchangeable stem ones

I always double press the feed on them, filling the mould first, press once, the put more feed in the mould with the hookbait in it, then press again, which insures that the hookbait is on top of the method after it has hit the water and washed a bit of the GB off upon hitting the surface and dropping down

Have you seen this before? Watch how much he can move the hooklength without an indication on the tip. This applies to all types of ledgering and feeder fishing. The same principle applies to pole fishing in that the closest shot to he hook gives you your indications on your float.
Amazing 👏