Method Feeders

Roger_feederer

Site Supporter
2 inch ? The smallest I’ve ever seen on fishery rules is 3 inch or 75mm for young Zerkalo. I do have some 2 inch tied somewhere but, they’ve not seen the light of day for ages 🤷‍♂️

Have you seen this before? Watch how much he can move the hooklength without an indication on the tip. This applies to all types of ledgering and feeder fishing. The same principle applies to pole fishing in that the closest shot to he hook gives you your indications on your float.

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ye

Have you seen this before? Watch how much he can move the hooklength without an indication on the tip. This applies to all types of ledgering and feeder fishing. The same principle applies to pole fishing in that the closest shot to he hook gives you your indications on your float.
I have seen it pal. Brilliant little video. I love those under water videos. Yes, it opens your eyes when you actually see under water doesn’t it ? 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Its eye opening but it also does my head in like when jamie hughes tells andy may hes been doing it all wrong for years :ROFLMAO:
Did you see just how many pellets come off the method before it hits the deck ? I’ve been given my method an extra squeeze for years but, now I give it a proper squeeze before I cast having watched that. 👍

Silver fan 82

On the subject of hooklength on the method feeder what's the shortest you would all start on at the start of a session? I tie mine at 2 - 3 inches.

Roger_feederer

Site Supporter
Did you see just how many pellets come off the method before it hits the deck ? I’ve been given my method an extra squeeze for years but, now I give it a proper squeeze before I cast having watched that. 👍
It really is absolutely astonishing some of the things ive learned from watching youtube videos. I used to obsess over hookbaits for the method/hybrid, sizes, colour, hard or soft, banded, hair and stop, bayonet, buried deep or on the surface etc etc, then i saw that jamie hughes video where he just tucks a hooklength with an empty band inside a neatly made up method and catches. It absolutely ruined me. :ROFLMAO:

On the subject of hooklength on the method feeder what's the shortest you would all start on at the start of a session? I tie mine at 2 - 3 inches.
As short as fishery rules allow, with as small a loop as is feasably possible to get over the bead, usually 8mm.

AlfieBass

Couple of things I do whilst fishing the method especially now when it’s still cold. When the Hybrid or method goes out I immediately sink the line and press another mould full but this time plop it into a spare bait tub. This way I can see how long it takes to break down. Always start short and go longer to find a liner or get a pull round.

DFL

Site Supporter
As a pleasure angler who prefers float fishing I have e little experience of method feeder fishing but did so last week on an estate lake with some success. Many of you comment that the hybrid feeder is now the popular choice, is there a particular reason for this?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As a pleasure angler who prefers float fishing I have e little experience of method feeder fishing but did so last week on an estate lake with some success. Many of you comment that the hybrid feeder is now the popular choice, is there a particular reason for this?
One word .... depth. A hybrid keeps everything intact better while it’s sinking through the water. Personally I only use a method in less than 3 - 4’ of water. Certainly no more than that.

AlfieBass

One word .... depth. A hybrid keeps everything intact better while it’s sinking through the water. Personally I only use a method in less than 3 - 4’ of water. Certainly no more than that.
Do you block the holes at the bottom of the Hybrid?