method feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloves007uk

BROWNING
with the method i have a question
i use the flat bed ones with the elastic attached likes of korum and kobra i have read that certain fishries banned these ones as they say that if the line breaks then the fish will be towing a feeder around with it
right now to the question if you have a 10lb line as main line with your method feeder attached to it and 5lb hook length coming of the feeder surly the first thing to give way and snap will be the hook lenght? as this is the weakest part of the setup? and not the main line with the method feeder elastic and hook length i have used these with great success and never had a line break and find it helps to play the fish

svenc

London Blanker NOT
If you were to hit a snag on your mainline and it snapped the only thing to go would be that mainline. In all honesty why would you need 6 inches of elastic to play a fish??? Surely your rod and skill do a better job. (id never use fixed feeders purely for this fact)

gloves007uk

BROWNING
cheers buddie thats ansewered my question i am fishing on saturday so will give a inline feeder ago i know how to set them up any body have any ideas on which inline ones are the best?
cheers
chris

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Most companies that make the elasticated ones also do an inline version too.

If you are happy with the ones you already use, try their inliners.

Also, the Fox ones are good, but my favourites are the coil spring ones. (I dont bury the hookbait in these though as the arent self righting)

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Make doesnt make a difference. Ill tell you how im catching at the moment. 3 different methods.

Method Feeder: 12lb main to a 6lb or 8lb hooklength, either unweighted coil or cheaper feeder with a weight in the coil. Vitalin blended with 2 grains on a 12 or 3 on a 10. Hooklength 2 inches at the most. Inline, fished tight, just sit on your hands and only lift into bites dont strike as this isnt needed. The rod being pulled at right angles is enough.

Bagging waggler: Same lines again. Clip up to the feature, cast regularly and dont watch the feeder watch the line behind it. When the line skates across the surface lift into the fish.

Chummers: New to me but I found that a very sloppy mix of ground dog biscuit, hemp and corn went too well, too many fish but not enough bait. The water errupted every cast. Again I dont watch the feeder more the line behind it.

I had at least 160lb in the morning and 200lbs in the afternoon, best weekend fishing ever and have to beat that next weekend.

gloves007uk

BROWNING
cheers svenc
for the help your just like me i just watch for the rod tip to go round and thats enough for me never foul hook a fish always nice and clean in the lip most of the time
my method mix tends to be a nice sweet mix with sweet corn and peeler crab juice added for extra flavour with a size 14 hook with a 8mm halibut pellet hair rig via a bait band works every time and pulls some good fish out had a 15lb carp the other week

Status
Not open for further replies.