Method Feeder

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I'd maybe go for a Tricast feeder rod if I could find one but think the Sphere looks good, medium 3.9m I think.
I wanted a float as I've got 2 tri cast feeders and a float at 10ft6 and 11ft 6n. The sphere 11ft is a hundred quid more though . I was tempted ? as I just sold my browning pole . I settled for the 10ft tricast some browning jogging bottoms and top and mainline groundbait and Sony groundbait and swimstim lol..

robert d

Site Supporter
I wanted a float as I've got 2 tri cast feeders and a float at 10ft6 and 11ft 6n. The sphere 11ft is a hundred quid more though . I was tempted ? as I just sold my browning pole . I settled for the 10ft tricast some browning jogging bottoms and top and mainline groundbait and Sony groundbait and swimstim lol..
I'm trying to mix my tackle as I dont want to turn up at a venue like I just been sponsored lol. Il put a preston top over my browning and tri cast trolley full lol

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Out of interest ... This 20' deep venue you are all talking about .... How does it fish in winter ? Sounds perfect for roach on the slider ????

robert d

Site Supporter
Out of interest ... This 20' deep venue you are all talking about .... How does it fish in winter ? Sounds perfect for roach on the slider ????
Sadly I haven't tried Mick ,I always target the carp . That will definitely change though as I.love fishing for silvers or used to all the time . I used to get loads of bites on Polaris fliats on deep venues mostly roach and skimmers on maggot . Never tried a slider ,I will look it up and learn how to use them .

robert d

Site Supporter
Sadly I haven't tried Mick ,I always target the carp . That will definitely change though as I.love fishing for silvers or used to all the time . I used to get loads of bites on Polaris fliats on deep venues mostly roach and skimmers on maggot . Never tried a slider ,I will look it up and learn how to use them .
I've used floats with a stop knott on the line in deep venues years ago ,is that the same thing

The Landlord

Site Supporter
On the subject of pellet. I found an unopened bag of Swim Stim Green 1mm pellets the other day, in my tub of goodies. When would anybody use these? For paste or simply for use in a feeder?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've used floats with a stop knott on the line in deep venues years ago ,is that the same thing
Thats the ones matey. ? Ultra used to make some perfectly ballanced slider floats. Alas no longer but, Im sure if you made a few enquiries you'd find a couple. Good luck pal.