Method Feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grippa

I'm starting to get the hang of fishing the method feeder now, trying out different rigs, feeders and hookbaits.

One thing I still haven't really worked out though is what feed is best to mould round the feeder. I have used, on their own, and a combination of, method mix, crushed pellets, micro pellets, 4mm pellets and 6 pellets, with varying degrees of success. However, I am struggling to determine which is best on different days. Also, should I be putting particles into the mix?

I understand their won't be a definitive answer to this, so what works best for you?

Cheers.

alcockmat

i stick to ground bait for bream pellets for carp but both take either i always make sure iv got both with me

Shez

I generally stick with micro's or 4mm pellets on the feeder as skimmers can sometimes be an issue with groundbait only, that said sometimes it's the skimmers that can make the difference between 1st & 2nd.

nitrox

I also cut out the middle plastic run in the feeder, this will stop pellets getting stuck.

Grippa

Shez - I don't mind the skimmers. When fishing a match they definitely can make the difference, and on our club water, they average 1 to 2 lbs, so I'm quite happy when they get their heads down.

I forgot to say, I tend to fish with small boilies on the hook now, although I usually have some sweetcorn with me as well.

LiamR

Try ThiS..

when using te inline method feeder, hair rig small punched meat,

and use micro pellets that have been left to soak, and mix it with a pouch of cat meat! works wonders at whiter acres, expecally on twin oaks. And evn better at larford lakes.

Give it a go mate, you will be suprised at the effect

LiamReynolds

Grippa

I may give it a go.....

Doesn't the cat food make your hands stink?!?

armstrong1

choppy
i,ve been trying different ground baits and found dynamite x super red mix with hemp and sweetcorn works best for me but every venue is different it seems to attract bream tench and crucian.

bream tracker

made in stockport
i use sensas im5 yellow bag on its own with either sinking plastic corn or 10mm boilie on the hook

dave brittain 1

Mix 1/3 groundbait to 2/3rds micro pellet and you have the best of both worlds. It's a mix a lot of the top anglers use.

Buy a feeder mould, use a 3-4 in hooklength and banded pellet or punched meat on the hook, put it into the mould and then add the pellet/groundbait mix and you won't go wrong.

LiamR

lol is it banned there? never knew that, opps. will not beusing it again there then.
But on a more serious note it does work wonders for me.
And yes it does make your hands smell a little bit, but who cares when fishing anyway :p

Shez

It will work if you're the only one thats using it Liam! lol
Yes it is banned, says so in the rules..... think it's more down to commercial issues rather than fish welfare but thats just my opinion!

As for using catmeat (where you can use it!) just have a baitbox full of water on your side tray and rinse your hands after baiting up, simples!

LiamR

cat meat such an amazing bait though, and es shez i agree :D

i local star i know, uses many meat paste and cat meat and produces some amazing matcyh weights :D

Status
Not open for further replies.