method feeder rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
I dont fish it a lot but just keep it simple. Try to get the feeders with a metal tube with like a spring wrapped round then just put the mainline through and attach a swivel. Then tie your very short hooklink to that. Also try burying your hookbait in the method mix so its right there when the carp are knocking the feeder about.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hi, there is real dangers with method feeders to the fish, so be careful to choose the right 1s, unfortunatly, im not sure exactly which 1s u avoid, as i dn't wanna be givin u bad info, could sum1 please teell him which 1s it is?

jonesr

QUITE RIGHT,
The one described above by Joe is among the safest and it works.Avoid any that are fixed in any way,they work like a bolt rig. A breakage could leave a tethered fish dragging the feeder.[V][V][V]
I have used the method for a couple of years and as long as the main line is strong enough you will only lose the hook length.I always use at least a 10lb main line,or a high breaking strain braid.A full feeder weighs quite a bit when cast.

Ron J.

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
Yeah i rememba using a feeder rod to cast 1 out! Put a fair old bend in that tip, suprised it didnt snap. Ended up just opening the bail arm and lobbing it out! The rod could land a carp though.
**Joey-Mackeral**

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's quite a few posts on the Method Feeder - Click Here

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.