Messingham (take two)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
All being well, and weather permitting, @sly and myself are off to Messingham on Sunday 27th. We planned it last time and got washed out by heavy rain, I hope we get there this time. Target species will be Catfish or a Sturgeon on South Lake, which means we'll probably be catching Bream (sods law). If anyone thinks they can make it, just look for the 2 handsomest men on the bank...we'll be somewhere near them.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Not that I petty or owt,but before @ukzero1 comes on and beats me to it.
I WAS WATER LICKED ???

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Not that I petty or owt,but before @ukzero1 come on and beats me to it.
I WAS WATER LICKED ???

Where as I on the other hand wasn't. :giggle: Yes, we both failed in our quest for the Catfish and Sturgeon, but I had a good mixed bag of Bream, Roach and Perch, oh...and 2 Carp, Not that I'm bragging or anything.

A fully scaled Mirror...

IMG_20191027_104006.jpg

And a very nice Common

IMG_20191027_112202.jpg

The weather wasn't kind to us, having a cold wind changing directions, but the sun was out and the bailiff took pity on @sly by letting him have a day ticket at pensioners price (how does it feel to be an old codger now @sly? :LOL:).
To be honest, a actually felt sorry for sly, having done all he could to entice a finster to the net, but to no avail. But no doubt he'll get his revenge next time.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Respect to you Sly. Letting an owd codger have his day like that. Well done fella. ??

That MD cap has smartened you up Peter. You look like you've more skins on than an onion. Cold was it ?

Sorry Peter but, the roach, bream and perch don't count. It was a Sturgeon and catfish match. ??

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Respect to you Sly. Letting an owd codger have his day like that. Well done fella. ??

That MD cap has smartened you up Peter. You look like you've more skins on than an onion. Cold was it ?

Sorry Peter but, the roach, bream and perch don't count. It was a Sturgeon and catfish match. ??

Read again my first post..."Target species will be Catfish or a Sturgeon on South Lake, which means we'll probably be catching Bream..."

(sigh), sorry to say it but....I was right. :p :cool::whistle:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Read again my first post..."Target species will be Catfish or a Sturgeon on South Lake, which means we'll probably be catching Bream..."

(sigh), sorry to say it but....I was right. :p :cool::whistle:
Blimey, its like fishing with my dad. He makes his own rules up to suit himself as well. ????

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Blimey, its like fishing with my dad. He makes his own rules up to suit himself as well. ????

My dad used to tell me...There's a rule for every situation, and if you can't find it in the rule book, then read the ones that you've written down in the back of it. :LOL:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Peter, with all those fish in there I think Sly did well to blank. ???.

Psssst .... give him a bit of leeway or he'll not take you again. You know how touchy these Sheffield 'ers get. ????