messingham sands (tripp lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark bradley

ay up
am fishing at messinghams sands on tripp lake on a match i have not fished it before so any info would really help.

cheers[:D]

Last edited:

Barberj84

Now then, are you sure its the speci lake you got a match on? As far as i know the specimen lakes are sydicate only and the two match lakes are Swan Pond and Island Lake which can be booked for clubs and have opens on them.

Barberj84

ok no probs, This is like an extension of the Swan pond I have not fished this lake before but as on all the ponds here you won't go far wrong with pellets that you buy from the fishery there are a couple of islands on this lake (2 or 3 can't remember exactly) Seen plenty of carp crusing went I have walked round before.

Sorry I havn't got any info on depths etc or current form but I'm sure someone out there must have fished it before

viking291

[:0]Tripp lake is a totally seperate lake. It is in some trees near a pig farm and sewerage works. If the wind is in the wrong direction it stinks. The good news it is stuffed with fish, you can catch close in on pellet/caster and also up in the water with pellet.

The shallower pegs normally produce the best weights of carp by fishing close to the bank. The pegs on the end of the central arm are "flyers".

let me know how you get on, I am there in two weeks

Hooty

The one thing that no-one has mentioned is that the Tripp lake is "float only".
Apparently you can catch all day at 6 metres on virtually anything.
I have a match later in year so let me know how both of you get on please.

Hooty.

mark bradley

cheers fellas if you get anymore info let me know am on the this sunday will let you know how i get on.:0)

Craigo

fished it a couple of weeks ago and it was hard - I had been told that 80lb of crucians was possible on the right day (yeah I thought - I bet theyre F1's) - anyway they werent - nice big crucians about 1lb each - I had 30lb of em then they just went and I struggled - but everybody on the lake struggled too and I had the 3rd best weight with 36lb winning.

All of the lake was used including the arm too.

I fished a top 2 tight to the weed but had to put animal tackle on to even get the crucians out - I hit 3 better carp but pulled out giving em some to get em out of reeds.

Peg 25 was an end peg and the bloke lost 2 or 3 good carp cos he wasn't geared up for em although he also managed to land a couple

There seems ot be plenty of skimmers and roach which I would imagine you could catch 1 a bung on right day - was between 5ft on some pegs and a top 4 on others.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.