messingham (island)

Status
Not open for further replies.

endpegbib

Never fished this one any info would be great thanks got a match coming up

cheers lads.

Ian.

totality14

ok youll have most of the lake then peg 10 at the side of the reeds pellet over pellet also paste peg 1 into the corner same bait.34/35 i think point pegs method up to the gap in the bushes pellet or meat another good peg is peg 3 towards the trees maggot or caster for chub if they are there you can win with them any other peg is a lottery.good luck the fish in here can be big so strong line 10-12lb they arent shy.

endpegbib

Thanks alot for that mate,just one thing you mentioned chub with maggot or caster would that be fished through a blockend feeder or pole?Thanks again.

Ian.

Rob172cup

feeder i would think, i had some of the chub out on sunday i could have won the match if they had come on a bit earlier but ended up third, the carp didnt really show there was some good silver fish weights

endpegbib

Thanks for that lads,might be worth going all out for the silvers then.

endpegbib

Havn't fished it yet rob its this sunday coming i'll let you know on this thread what happened.

cheers.

Ian.

endpegbib

Well the carp did show up unfortunately not in peg 49 where i sat for 7lb 11oz of silver fish caught on worm and caster and corn,the guy next to me blanked,top rod weighed in 62lb from peg 31 carp taken on method and bomb,2nd weighed in 59lb then the weights dropped down into the 30s and 20s then right down to 10oz,i've never fished a place with so many features,i look forward to having another bash at it next year,thanks again totality14 and robertmedd.

p.s.there was another match on lake from pegs 1-20 but i don't know how they got on.

totality14

hard luck mate but 62lb aint that good of a weight from there if thats any consolation.give me a pm next year and ill try to help

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Our last match was won on big pellet waggler and hair-rigged banded pellet fished with a feeder (about 80lb).

But beware, there are resrictions on the size of pellet waggler you can use:

http://www.messinghamsands.co.uk/

And you have to use their pellets.

Craigo

if your on the outer you can win on a top kit line on its day with skimmers, bream, and tench with the odd carp

endpegbib

Originally posted by totality14

hard luck mate but 62lb aint that good of a weight from there if thats any consolation.give me a pm next year and ill try to help
Thanks pal i'll do that i dare say we will be back next season.

cheers

Ian.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Bumping this one cos me and the YMA lads have the first of our winter series on Island Lake soon.

Anyone know how its fishing? Are the carp feeding or is it silvers only?

Craigo

remember lots of the previous info is from summer!

In winter, your looking at the point (peg 35) as the best pegs - bomb up to the stick ups with big pellet or meat and you will also catch on the pole on the piont pegs too.

Carp could turn up anywhere in winter - popped up punched bread worth a try

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Nice one Craigo, thanks! Yes, I noticed the dates on the earlier postings & I won't be expecting a big bag of carp. I think ice is going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.