Messers

Lcn

Why do some people think it’s acceptable to mess you around and then have the cheek to ask for a favour off you . I was meant to be golfing with someone on Wednesday and just to accommodate him arranged to go after dinner even though I was originally going first thing because I’d rather go when it’s a bit cooler . Went to pick him up and he said sorry mate I should have rang you , I’m not feeling too good which is code for I went on the lash last night and can’t be bothered now . The same bloke rang me yesterday and said do you fancy going tomorrow so I said yes . I rang him before I was due to set off because it’s a 30 mile round trip and surprise surprise couldn’t get an answer . I can guarantee I’ll get a phone call with a nonsense excuse when he thinks it’s too late to go . He wants me to run him to Manchester on Monday to pick something up and he’s annoyed me that much I’m going to return the favour and let him down and go on the river instead

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
He wants me to run him to Manchester on Monday to pick something up and he’s annoyed me that much I’m going to return the favour and let him down and go on the river instead

Hmmm... Return the (none) favour? or day on the river?...isn't thinking hard to do when it's a difficult decision?. Go for a day on the river while you think about it, then, if you decide to have a day on the river...that's 2 days fishing. :giggle:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
When i was last up near Manchester, they had a good train service to all psrts of the country, You could always answer phone as fishing on River and mention you forgot to tell him about fishing that day.

Dusty

Why do some people think it’s acceptable to mess you around and then have the cheek to ask for a favour off you . I was meant to be golfing with someone on Wednesday and just to accommodate him arranged to go after dinner even though I was originally going first thing because I’d rather go when it’s a bit cooler . Went to pick him up and he said sorry mate I should have rang you , I’m not feeling too good which is code for I went on the lash last night and can’t be bothered now . The same bloke rang me yesterday and said do you fancy going tomorrow so I said yes . I rang him before I was due to set off because it’s a 30 mile round trip and surprise surprise couldn’t get an answer . I can guarantee I’ll get a phone call with a nonsense excuse when he thinks it’s too late to go . He wants me to run him to Manchester on Monday to pick something up and he’s annoyed me that much I’m going to return the favour and let him down and go on the river instead

I’ve got mates like this and it’s best to just not bother with them.

Lcn

He rang me about 10 minutes ago and said , the mrs must have switched my phone off and I didn’t get up till dinner , I’m gutted because I really wanted to go today .
That’s it for me now I’ve had enough of being the nice guy and being dependable. I’ve always tried to be right with people and do favours if I can but that’s all going to change now , I’m just going to do what I want when I want and won’t be making allowances for anybody , I’m sick of having days wasted by people who couldn’t give a toss

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Unless i have no control over the matter when i say im gonna be there ya can bet ya brown star against a red hot poker im there. Like when i did the Punctual thread i hate being let down so dont do it to others.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
He wouldn't be a close mate for long. I've had a few like this, they get relegated to arm's length. Cannot be doing with people giving me the runaround.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I used to pick a lad up to give him a lift to work told him a Specific time first few times he was there then 5 mins then 10 mins late i warned him if he werent there i wouldnt wait, he tested me, only to find out getting the Bus meant getting up earlier.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
I used to pick a lad up to give him a lift to work told him a Specific time first few times he was there then 5 mins then 10 mins late i warned him if he werent there i wouldnt wait, he tested me, only to find out getting the Bus meant getting up earlier.
I'm same mate, you'll only get a chance or two, then done. If you can't be on time when someone is doing you a favour then there's summat wrong.

Lcn

I stopped fishing with him years ago because I knew he wouldn’t get up early but when you can’t even get out of bed before dinner when you’ve made plans then that’s just an all new level of laziness . I’m one of those people who gets up at 4-5 everyday even when I’ve got nothing on and I’m never late for anything so this type of thing really does wind me up and it’s the last time he’ll do it with me

feldri

Site Supporter
A few years ago I used to go golfing with a lad from work. He'd turn up five or ten minutes late every time. I said if you can't be on time why bother arranging a time. A couple weeks later I was on the first tee waiting for him as usual and this other lad came up and asked me if I was on my own and if so could he join me. I thought sod it and said yes and off we went. Going down the 3rd fairway my phone rings and my ex mate said "I'm at the club, where are you?" I said, "Going down the 3rd fairway!" and hung up.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Funny thing is one Morning i was Going to another Job early and waved to the Lad i used to pick up waiting at the Bus stop :D:D:D

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
worked with a chippy, nice guy, good at his job, had all the tools, quite liked him really

he got busted by plod one night, just over the limit, lost his licence and big old fine

he asked if I could pick him up and take him to site each day, which meant I had to leave better part of an hour earlier, go via dover to pick him up, then come back to hawkinge (a village just outside folkestone,) round trip of about 25 mile, whereas if i had gone straight to site, about 4 miles

first day he wasnt ready and waiting at his door, I tooted, he came out the house 5 mins later, one themthings I thought, never mind

next day it was the same, still mellow

by the third day, i had to say summat, told him he had to be ready and waiting or Id bugger off

forth day I tooted, he opened his bedroom window and shouted summat

michael buggered off he never showed for work,

day five I never even bothered going, he rang the boss and moaned I hadnt picked him up, guvnor gave him the DCM

johng19

me@home.com
Bit different, use to go fishing with a mate, we use to alternate drive, every time he would drive we where ether late or just on time. It done my head in.
It was club matches, I like to be there early have a chat, hate rushing around. So now we just make are own way.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
My sister in law, add an hour to whatever time she tells you.
My wedding day and l had arranged 2 busses to collect family and friends and take us to and from so we could all have a drink. EIGHT months notice she had but when the bus turned up at her house she 'wont be long, just ironing a shirt'......... told the drive to go on, she could make her own way there.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I'll try to do anybody a favour, and expect nothing in return.
But when it gets to be one way traffic, and they mess you about in the process ...
:mad: