message to Newt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

explicit69

well i read through both links...and i tried it (Black Ice),
alone and running with Zone Alarm. alone it dont detect spyware or programs i have trying to access the net. but when i ran both programs together (512 ram,80gig HD 60 gigs free,1.6mgz proccessor)... black ice was as silent as a country pond on warm summer night. i would have to say that Z.A. takes the trophey.

Black Ice vs. Zonealarm Pro
blast.gif

thanx again for the info
beer-toast1.gif

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Well - since the price is right on ZA, I'm glad you get on well with it. Good program for sure and a bazillion copies in use these days.

Me, I cheat. My linksys router/switch also provides firewalling and NAT so I am pretty well hidden.

I was using the Norton firewall that comes with their Internet Suite before I got the router and liked it quite well.

Mainly, I just hope anyone who is on the net much - and especially if they are using broadband, has a firewall of some sort. Some folks seem to think that just having Anti-Virus protection is enough but it really isn't.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Couldnt agree more Newt,
I just added www.Pope.com to my list of favourites!
Got a Silver Bullet Icon next to the AOL one!
2 wooden Crosses propping up the monitor and a string of Garlic wrapped round the Phone line!

Hope that the extra Protection works! (Specially as I'm up to date with my Mafia Direct Debit!)

Doh! I'm Going Fishing!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

explicit69

all i got on this com is games, progs and music...
so no real intrest but you never know,
some kid might wanna just see if they can really crash it. cursing2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.