Message for Hillbilly...........(& Newt, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Hillbilly and a happy 4th of July,

Most likely you'll be as pissed as a Newt when you read this LOL icon_smile_big.gif

Sorry couldn't resist,

To both of you, hope you enjoyed the day and I'm glad that despite concerns it all went peacefully, with the added bonus of a mini heatwave.

all the best, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Thanks Dave.

Just got back to the bbs after a couple of busy weeks. Lots of catching up to do.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Welcome home NEWT,

Look forward to hearing of your adventures1

icon_smile.gif

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Sorry Trev - nothing exciting unless you are a serious computer geek.

The plant I work in shuts down production twice a year at Christmas and July 4th week.

We have only that time to do major system tweaks/adds/modifications in the data center. Way too many hours at work and no possibility of time off.

Also, Jan's mother died the week before that and we were occupied with that whole thing. She was old and quite ill with considerable pain so it was not such a bad thing (and she had said she was ready) but it was still somewhat of a sad time for Jan.

And just when I planned to celebrate things being back to normal with some serious fishing, my back went out so it's no fishing for me for a few more days.

But at least things are quiet enough at work for me to get in some bbs time.

Dang - the above sounds like some of your adventures. Maybe a delayed Zippy Curse? icon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 11 July 2002 01:00:25 AM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
OOps!
Sorry I asked Newt!

Sincere condolences to Jan,
seems however you had time to prepare for it, but the finality still comes as a shock.

Hope your back is a temporary thing and not caused by heaving on that damn winch!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - the back has been doing this off and on since the '70s. Frustrating though since it usually happens when I'm not lifting anything. This time for instance, I had been loading rocks into the back of my truck for the pond (a new piece of roadway being built and some nice piles of stone they have dug up). After I finished loading all the ones I could lift, I started looking around for any I'd missed. Bent over a little to look under a large rock and the darned thing went out on me. Grrrrr.

As to the rest - I guess that is one of those "s*it happens" sort of things.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.