We've all seen it on the movies
Now let's see if it's true

Everybody has a summer holiday
Doing things wanted to
So we're going on a summer holiday
To make our dreams come true
For me and you
For me and you

(I'll let Dave explain the significance of this when he returns from his works match)

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Peter,

That picture doesn't do it justice lol

Everyone,

As you may be aware yesterday was my works annual fishing match. Every year we have a 'jolly boys' outing, book a venue, book a coach, go fishing for the day and then finish off in Tadcaster for a few (or more) drinks, a bite to eat and a dominoes tournament. Then stagger back to the coach and get dropped off somewhere near home.

This year the venue was the Horshoe Lake at Raker Lakes Fishery, names were taken, the finance sorted (it's subsidised by the company) and the coach was booked - sorted icon_smile_big.gif

At 7.30am there we all were, dotted around Leeds waiting for the coach which didn't turn up, at 7.50am I phoned the coach company to find that the driver/owner was still in bed, he had forgotten al about it. Not to panic, after a few sharp words were said he promised to get the coach to us in the next half hour, so I jumped in my car ran around a few of the pickup points to let everyone know and returned - still no coach.

Another phone call this time with a threat of us getting taxis and charging them to him was made and 25 minutes later (8.40am) a bl**dy great knackered double decker school bus turned up!! You would not have believed it, it looked like it had been rescued from a scrap yard, it was unbelievable icon_smile_big.gif
You should have heard the comments lol

Anyway anything is better than nothing so we all piled aboard with various jovialities of "Half Please" and such like, went around the corner and the driver pulled up. What now??

He had to wait for another driver to come and bring him a tachograph disc as he couldn't go without one.
9.00am and finally, tackle on board, tacho in place and off we went to pick the rest up - you should have seen their faces

I even felt like a clippy when I went around collecting the pools money lol

Anyway we all got there albeit an hour and half late but the craic was good and the slavver I got will soon die away, icon_smile_big.gif

How did we get on? Coming soon in the Match Results section.....

"Butler, Butler, oh, urhg......"
(On the buses)

Clippy Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Dave, BRILLIANT!!
DING DING !

teepee.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam