Message for Bart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Bart,
This may interest you,There is a facinating article in this months edition of MatchFishing.There is a bloke in there called Giles who seems to have Docklow Pools sussed

Seriously though,great article,really got me thinking.There are a couple of waters that i fish that i am going to give it a try on.One question though,if the fish aren't really having it up in the water,is it worth going over with a rig fished at full depth,or even a little overdepth?
Anyway good article,keep up the good work,
Peter,

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thats not the same Bart who won the bonus peg on the day ticket lake is it icon_smile_question.gificon_smile.gif Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,
Unless i'm very much mistaken,i think you will find that Bart/Giles are one and the same!
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

bart4real

It looks like my secret is out then!
Seriously though Peter, that approach has won me an awful lot of money over the past two years and the feeding pattern I have devised for catching roach has really caught me a lot of carp in summer matches. For the method to work properly there needs to be a good head of fish in the water and although there are places it will not be as good, it should still work. It is just a case of how long you try it before you give up with it. I would say to start off fishing at full depth while feeding a further line with either maggot, caster, pinkie or squatt. They all have their use. Every now and then have a look to see what fish are about. Remember, it is the bigger fish that you are likely to catch on this method as they are usually more clever and feed in places where they are less likely to be hooked, i.e the first few feet of water on venues where anglers traditionally fish at full depth. It works on rivers and canals too. an important aspect of this approach is the distance you choose to fish. You will catch fish at 12 and 13 metres but you will catch more at 14.5 or 16 metres. Keep it simple and try to feed as often as possible. I rarely put the catapult down unless to unhook fish.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thats A1 advice. Yesterday I was catching small skimmers in 2s and 3s with big gaps between, Had a look by shallowing to 18" and immediately caught a Tench (to my thoughts and readings a bottom feeder only)
Keep these tips coming lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.