Mere Moor

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Had a walk round on Saturday, there was a match on the first pool. Everyone I spoke to was Fishing the straight lead. One lad was clipped up to a reed bed and was using Orange waffters said hed had 5 carp.

A couple of my mates fish there quite regular and said 80 lb in winter is not uncommon. As soon as it warms up Ill be giving it a go.

Anyone on here fish it and if so any further advice would be appreciated[:T]

Last edited:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Hi Simon if you like fishing in an over crouded atmosphere you will love the place, drove down there just the once and that was more than enough fo me.
PS
Did you get in contact with Brian?

bazill58

Site Supporter
The lad you probably talked was probably a lad whos nickname is "wafter" if it was he won the match with about 60lb.

cheers

Last edited:

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Bazilli58 great weight for such a cold day. If it was him he was good to talk to. Unlike the first 2 who were a pair of miserable sods do you fish there. As I said in my post a couple of my mates went all last year and had some cracking weights

Ivan heaphurst

Good to see you are still around Simon. I've met the same miserable blokes at Meadow view many years ago. I think they were fishing for the townhall clock that day.
By the way, was it late Sunday afternoon when you went for your walk?

bazill58

Site Supporter
Hi Simon
I fished a couple of club matches on there last year one on the smaller pool and one on the big pool.
Had about 50lb on both matches which was no where near enough for me to frame.On the match on the big pool there were three of us pegged on the causway between the two pools and we all had 5 fish and mine was the lowest weight with just under 50lb

i must admit im not a lover of the place

cheers

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Thanks Baz will probably go with the 2 mates when it gets warmer. At least I will get a feel what its like. My 2 mates love the place but they just might be easily pleased. [:)]

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I am going with a mate a couple of times before July, got a match on there then, I had a look around the place a few weeks ago, was not impressed, at least the porta loo worked, We have 4 commercials within 10 minutes of where we live, Partridge,Blundells,Brookside and Meadow View, yet the one who organizes the matches goes for the likes of Hampton Springs, Cunneries, Fields Farm,Moss Farm,Lathom Fishery, having an 8 oclock draw does not help either,

Last edited:

Ryanstein

I did the whole of last season on here to get back into it. Had some lovely fish from the first pool averaging ~5lb with a max of 16lb. I'm going to be concentrating on the specimen lake this year (fished it on a day ticket last year and had one 15lb from there). Looking forward to it. Any help or advice for the speci would be appreciated. I'm going to see how the first couple of months of the season go but hopefully I'll be there all year again.