Memorable day tomorrow

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
sat looking at the trusty T4 the other day,

lockdown aint been good to it, its filthy, poor old thing, now whilst Ive kept up with the mechs, services etc, the bodys got grotty, must weigh half tonne more with the grime on it

giving the old girl a pressie tomorrow, will sit there watching a cleaning company give it a wash, it needs it,

then I might take her up to the bodyshop and see what its gonna cost now for a respray, had a price 5 year ago for around £2500 to £3000 depending on spec, strip

wonder what it will cost now ?

ought to do summat with Reg my Mums cousins son, hes in a box in the back of the van, well his ashes are, he died wanting them sprinkled on his mums grave, but no one knows where that is, he was a sea angler from dover, so I thought Id sprinkle em on shakespeare beach over there, about the best I can do, hes prob enjoyed the trips out with me and two bob, he never owned a car so hes been on a couple adventures now

Pompous git

Site Supporter
My Merc is also looking a bit sad, needs new wings and a respray, not sure if she`s worth it but I can`t bear to part with it.

I would like my ashes sprinkled on the RM, nothing to symbolic just feel at home thereabouts.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
sat looking at the trusty T4 the other day,

lockdown aint been good to it, its filthy, poor old thing, now whilst Ive kept up with the mechs, services etc, the bodys got grotty, must weigh half tonne more with the grime on it

giving the old girl a pressie tomorrow, will sit there watching a cleaning company give it a wash, it needs it,

then I might take her up to the bodyshop and see what its gonna cost now for a respray, had a price 5 year ago for around £2500 to £3000 depending on spec, strip

wonder what it will cost now ?
Mick, if the bodywork is sound it may be worth getting it "wrapped" may well be more cost effective. ;)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mick, if the bodywork is sound it may be worth getting it "wrapped" may well be more cost effective. ;)
no rust to speak of, couple small dents which I can sort,

its been washed now, just had it done, the paints as dull as, either I T-cut it to get some sorta gloss back or its a resparay in renault cherry red

stikflote

Site Supporter
There is a company very just down the road from me, who do wrapping of cars and other vehicles