Members Recommended/Watch these! Tackle Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dave,
I recently had 2 mail orders from a Tackle Shop that were in my opinion brilliant. I would love to praise these guys and I am sure others of our site would benefit by using them where applicable. Also, conversely, I have experienced penny pinching, couldnt care less service from local tackle shops. How about a forum with recommended/avoid information which could particularly help guys like me ,new or returned to the game , get better prices,service and help from the good dealers. Who knows, we might even warrant club discounts! We could also reveal and compare prices for particular products, which could establish whether our 'deal' was as good or bad as we thought. Certainly quantity discounts on groundbait/attractor deals are available from some suppliers. Lets organise a Daves own carp mix special attractor (no bivvy required deal!)
What do you think?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey a good idea,

I for one tend to buy from recommendation rather than blindly and if somewhere or someone needs praise, why not give it.
I'm not sure on the naming of the bad guys though, it would only be the opinion of the poster but ultimately it is our web-space that the opinion is on therefore we could be liable should anyone decide to pursue it as damaging.

How about adding another category to the forums such as -'Tackle Talk', similar to 'Fishing Talk' and 'Match Talk'

We could have in it the present tackle talk forum for reviews, and something like 'Your Awards' where you can post recommendations regarding shops, tackle, etc. Also a section where traders, manufacturers, etc could offer us discounts. I'll have to think of a title for that one though.

Leave it with me while I check on something and I'll get back to you.
In the meantime see if you can come up with a title for the last bit.

icon_smile.gif Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Dave,
I understand your caution over libellous remarks, I was thinking more of 'General unhelpfulness' or 'Requests the last 23p from a 30.23 order for bait etc.'
You know the sort!
Certainly I've got a more positive story when you set it up.
As to a title? Maggotdrowners Concessions perhaps, or 'Buyrite deals at Maggotdrowners'
We should have enough purchasing power to interest a few dealers/manufacturers soon.
Good hunting
Regards Trev
Turkey in January may be awful to you, but maggots love it!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trev,

The 'Tackle Talk' category is all set up.
  • 'Tackle Talk' for reviews and queries
  • 'Your Awards' for recommendations
  • & 'Maggotdrowner's Discounts' should anyone want to offer us discounts.

We'll not hold our breath too much on the last one though icon_smile.gif C'mon someone, prove me wrong

Regards, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.