Meghan and Harry

dezzatheblue

Totally agree mate,
He was a good lad, now he preaches about climate etc jets about the place then cries when its commented on,
I think it's all down to her, divorce isnt far off I rekon.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I get the Feeling his life is made a misery by her, you can see it in her face its all about her. Get Rid Harry or Get yer step Granny to sort it ;)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Perhaps if the press had left them alone they would be OK, but the consistent harassment by the press must cause issues. The issues she has with her own immediate family is nobody elses business.

I cannot see a reason for all the vitriol against her, she has done nothing wrong. Perhaps you are all concerned about her colour!!!!!

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Rule no.1 Harry
Don't expect sympathy from anybody!
Keep your powder dry !

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Her colour isnt an issue as far as I am concerned, the only time it ever became an issue was when she proclaimed to be 'a woman of colour', almost as if it was an accreditation.

Im not a royalist, live and let live is what I say. As regards Harry, his decision, his business.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn who gives a f...... about her colour ☹ just another chance to blame or bring it into the argument no wonder this countries in the state it is.

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Unfortunately you can see major problems coming down the line. If you pontificate on climate change then proceed to jet off all over the world some flights on private jets . Then the press will rightly or wrongly will have a go. she does seem to be a bit of an attention seeker, so she can hardly complain if certain sections of the press highlight her lifestyle. I believe she doesn’t agree with his passion for country style sports, shooting and fishing.

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
When I look at Meghan I see …………..Meghan. If anybody else see's colour they are the ones with the problem as far as I'm concerned. Harry and Meghan are struggling at the moment, the press wont leave them alone as is the norm. Live and let live I say

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The ones who mention the colour are the ones who want the argument about it, trying to find problems that ain’t even there ☹☹

Wise Owl

Account Locked
She was allegedly warned that it would ruin her life and I mean she weren’t exactly marrying a dustbinmans son from Dewsbury ?

Tyecon

'I'M NOT OK' Meghan Markle holds back tears as she reveals her ‘struggle’ as a ‘vulnerable’ pregnant woman and new mum
I think this is an insult to working mum's having to go back to work to pay bills etc

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I like Harry but as far as I can see, unfortunately, this is only going to end one way

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
everyone is different and none of knows what happens behind closed doors, none of us are friends with them, none of know what issues either of them may have or even what it is like to wear their shoes and do what they do, anyone can have health issues including mental health, all we can do is simply guess what is happening and why but people marry and divorce, people marry and think they can change the other person, people change, things change, etc. etc.

None of will ever know what happens and why so its a bit daft to say its because of XYZ as thats still just a complete guess

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I'm afraid I have little interest in this. The sycophantic media seem to be all over the royals at the moment, but it's hard to feel any form of sympathy for them. (I'm not anti-royal in any way, but I am against the cult of celebrity). I don't think they are doing themselves any favours at the moment, and the constant 'Me-Again' stories are not helping.

Playing your life out directly to the media is OK if you're an emotionally incontinent social media wannabee, but once you join the royal family we expect a degree of dignity and stiff-upper-lip. This is not what has come across and I think that many, including myself, are having our empathy for their privileged plight quickly eroded.

Gwillim

Don't think her colour comes into it and have no idea why it was even raised in the context of this thread to be honest.

Much of the press / bad press I think is down to Meghan, when she was in the states she was a darling of the media and everyone loved her, she naively believed it would be the same here and that everyone would bow and scrape due to her new position. One thing she didn't reckon on was that her Maj and others within the household would not approve of her taking this high and mighty stance, The royals themselves including her Maj are very down to earth and do not throw their status around (have witnessed this personally having worked at the palace on occasion). The British media are a whole other animal to the american media I believe and more often than not are looking for the dirt from the get go and Meghan's attitude did nothing but strengthen their disdain for her.

In some respects I believe they have been targeted wrongly on some things, take Frogmore Cottage and its renovation for example, it is a listed building owned by the royal estate and had to be renovated no matter whether they were to live there or not and i'm no expert but pretty sure that the renovation tag would not have been that much different had they not been going to live there, its not like the Royal estate is going to do something like that on the cheap, as I said previously I have done / overseen work done at the palace and I can assure you they are not looking to do things on the cheap they want things done properly, authentically and by master craftsman not the lad on YTS (showing my age now lol)

Other things like the private jet and climate change etc they asked for trouble with that.

Gotta be tough for Harry, rock and hard place springs to mind.

As many will know, you never know what goes on behind closed doors or within marriages, so having a massive external pressure on top of all that has got to make it hard going, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.